Any Takeuchi technicians here? We have a 2020 TL8, that I have been messing with for the last 2 days that has got me floored. Machine had to be jumped but after would start and run perfectly. Key off, would need to jump again. Replaced battery and alternator for low charging , 11v at lowest. Machine is still doing the same thing. No crank, no start no lights on dash unless jump box is used. I’ve since put another known good battery in and still same issue. No crank, no start or no lights on dash until jump box is hooked up. I’m not new to mechanicing, so I’ve covered my bases, I would like to think; However, I am fairly new to Takeuchi. Any insight or help to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated. TIA.
Did you load test the positive battery cable to starter. Did you load test the cable from Alternator to Battery Positive. How about a load test from battery positive to Key Switch Battery Terminal. The fact that it starts with the jump box points to some weak battery connections. Have you checked all fuses, circuit breakers. Did you check the engine ground under load, the frame to Battery negative under load. Need a good DVOM to do these checks and might help to have someone turn the keyswitch for you. Any Questions, fire away. Simon C
**Update** Resolved. Negative cable to battery kill switch pulling 36kΩ. Install new cable. Starts right up, rookie mistake. Thank you for all the advice.