Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No hydralics after fixing blowed hose.

dennis sanders ยท 2025-08-19 19:27

980M Cat loader blowed a hose..replaced hose and filled with fluid but cant get no functions...is there something i need to do to get air out and where.

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-08-19 19:48

    What hose and where any others unhooked during the replacement

  2. #2Simon C2025-08-19 23:30

    On 980H loaders I have seen more than once that if hydraulic tank goes too low or is dumped for oil change the pumps will not pick up enough. Simple fix was to put 2psi or close to it with a rag ball over the filler with a blow gun while someone else started and attempted to boom up. At same time I went to the diagnostic ports that include the pilot pressure quick connect and attached a super small hose to it into a pail to bleed the pilot pump as it started. Some will not actuate the main pump without the pilot pump bled. That is how I did it. Simon C

  3. #3dennis sanders2025-08-20 07:17

    Thanks...it finnaly picked up.

  4. #4dennis sanders2025-08-20 07:19

    It was a hose going to the lift cyl and no others were removed...thanks for the reply...it finnaly picked up and is ok.

  5. #5dennis sanders2025-08-20 07:21

    I dont know if it had anything to do with picking fluid up but shut all electric of at the kill switch and when it was turned back on it picked the fluid up.