Hello all, Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I have a Terex BT3470 that occasionally stops all Winch up, boom down and extend out functions. Every other function works without using bypass switch. I am able to hit the bypass switch to make it work then out of the blue the alarm goes off and then goes away and everything works perfect for a while. Unfortunately one of my guys dropped and broke the computer so I am unable to read what it is saying.
Could be a solenoid failing when it gets hot then turning back on after it cools
It will do it straight from starting up so it doesn't even have a chance to heat up. I find once it cycles on to start working, I am good to go for the rest of the job. Someone was saying it could be a hydraulic pressure switch. Does that sound feasible to you?
I had a bt 4792 it had two solenoids inside the control panel between the left and right side controls just at truck deck hight if I remember correctly one was on all the time to keep oil flowing to all functions the other was for the two speed winch I ended up replacing the one that controls everything. I was told that after years of use they break down and corrode when mine first gave me trouble my mechanic told me to pull it apart and clean it up I put it back together and it never gave trouble again but I felt if it let me down one it would do it again so I replaced it. It's mabe a long shot but I would try pulling them and cleaning them up its a no cost fix if it works, just be really carful taking them apart they can break if used roughly
Unless the computer was dropped and broken a long time ago I'd start with that. Basically it thinks it's two blocking or overloaded. If it starts working as soon as you hit the override it's not the solenoids. Either the computer thinks it's two blocking or overloaded. I'd. Check the wiring coming from the reel on the computer to main computer.could have a bad spot somewhere. See if it does it at the either the same spot in the rotation or the same angle or boom length. If your not gonna replace the display (which I recommend) I'd just replace the momentary override switch with a constant switch. Basically you can switch it to override and just leave it. Of course that's not safe but I started on a old link belt that didn't even have a boom angle indicator so no computer doesn't bother me.