Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

no oil pressure

chris krivohlavek · 2022-01-22 15:49

I have a T200 bobcat with no oil pressure. I have an actual gauge installed on it. Started and worked with it on 20 degree day next day have no oil pressure. What should I look for before putting in new pump. I put in new timing belt 300 hours ago. What I found here, I will need to pull motor again.

Replies16
  1. #1Coaldust2022-01-22 16:06

    Remove the oil filter, take it apart and inspect the filter media.

  2. #2mekanik2022-01-22 16:10

    It has oil in it? What engine is in it? How long has it ran with no oil pressure?

  3. #3Mike L2022-01-22 17:42

    Is the gauge working? I’d check the oil level, check the filter for metal, and try a different gauge.

  4. #4MarshallPowerGen2022-01-22 19:04

    Mechanical gauge was already installed? Have you checked since issue with a different gauge?

  5. #5chris krivohlavek2022-01-24 08:21

    Deutz diesel engine. I replaced oil filter, but will cut open old one. Was 2 qt. short on oil. It is a oil cooled engine

  6. #6chris krivohlavek2022-01-24 08:25

    The bobcat sensor says low and shuts motor off. Also I put on a gauge that shows 0 pressure. I put this on over a year ago, because it would not start and coded oil pressure low. It was plug wire to oil pump sensor. It only ran 2 to 3 min. before light came on and motor shut off. I would like to thank all who are trying to help me.

  7. #7MarshallPowerGen2022-01-24 09:31

    Was the timing belt done with an actual tensioner gauge?

  8. #8Tubroos2022-01-24 10:20

    I'm no Bobcat expert, but I'd always temporarily plumb in a known good mechanical gauge under these circumstances to help see what's really happening...

  9. #9chris krivohlavek2022-01-26 11:44

    no gauge was used to put belt on. I did not do the work my nephew put it on. I believe he used a straight edge and measured the deflection of the belt??

  10. #10chris krivohlavek2022-01-26 19:49

    Ok talked to nephew , we did rent a gauge to put new belt back on. Also cut filter and found no metal. Where would there be a bypass for oil filter. Could it have stuck open when I started in cold weather?

  11. #11Tinkerer2022-01-26 20:03

    It could be a failed oil pump. I don't know about a Bobcat pump, but it may have a pressure regulating spring in it that has failed. I have seen it happen and the same symptoms you describe is what I saw. The supply tube for it may have gotten loose and it is sucking air. Especially if it was low on oil.

  12. #12Samuel472022-01-27 07:02

    This isn't the first time this has happened to me. It was either a bad sending unit or a faulty gauge every time. I wouldn't be concerned about the light because you've added a mechanical gauge that shows good oil pressure.

  13. #13Tinkerer2022-01-27 08:11

    My understanding from what I have read is that Chris still has NO oil pressure. The gauge they used entered the discussion when his nephew installed the new serpentine belt. Perhaps I misinterpreted what I read.

  14. #14chris krivohlavek2022-01-27 10:10

    New gauge is also showing 0 oil pressure. It was 2 1/2 qts low of oil. If there is not a bypass plug on it so I can check that. It will have to go to dealer. We pulled motor once do not want to do it again. How much damage if I drive it on a trailer, would be less than 2 or 3 min.

  15. #1556wrench2022-01-27 10:10

    Just my 2 cents. If it actually has NO oil pressure and that engine uses a spool(or similar) type oil pressure regulating or relief valve, the valve may be stuck in an open position due to moving beyond its normal travel range during an abnormally cold start-up caused by thick oil. In the untravelled part of the valve bore there can be varnish build-up causing the spool to stick because the clearance may be less in that area. I saw it happen once about 30 yrs ago

  16. #16Tinkerer2022-01-27 14:11

    If it has already been run with no oil pressure, running any more could be a disaster. IMHO.