Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No power to my electric quick attach on CAT 259D

lgdoherty · 2025-01-23 21:23

Hi all, I have searched high and low and absolutely cannot find any info regarding my issue. I have a 2015 CAT 259D and have no power to my electric quick attach actuator. I tested voltage at the QA switch, and nothing there either. I read that there is a 35amp fuse to the rear of the engine along the wall but I cannot find it, only Relays that all seem to be working fine. I have a set of manual levers and pins I can put on, but that’s a pain with an enclosed cab and switching attachments often. My serial number is FTL02782 Thank you for any insight!

Replies29
  1. #1Nige2025-01-23 21:41

    Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic that may help. Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that the electrically-operated quick attach is not up to the job. there is hydraulic one IIRC but I am not sure if it can be retrofitted.

  2. #2Junkyard2025-01-23 22:20

    It also won’t work if the auto-level is on the fritz. In a pinch I’ve used a 12v drill battery and some jumpers to run it.

  3. #3Nige2025-01-23 22:22

    Do you have any way of accessing Diagnostic Codes.?

  4. #4lgdoherty2025-01-23 22:41

    Nige, thank you for sending over the schematics. And Junkyard, I’m pretty sure you hit the nail on the head. I ordered a new level sensor today as my wire was broken right at the plug. I’m sure that’s exactly what it is. I’ll update you when I get the sensor in, hopefully tomorrow. I can’t remember the exact code, but I have a code for “voltage too low” on the auto level sensor.

  5. #5Junkyard2025-01-23 23:02

    It may need calibrated, I don’t recall if I was able to replace without calibrating.

  6. #6lgdoherty2025-02-08 21:56

    Finally got the new sensor installed and wanted to give an update. That was exactly the issue. There is now voltage going to the electric quick attach. Thanks everyone for your help! I would have never guessed the faulty bucket level sensor would effect the quick attach voltage by looking at the schematics.

  7. #7mp42025-07-29 22:10

    Would you be willing to share the schematics with me? I'm having the same issue... Thank you in advance!

  8. #8Nige2025-07-30 05:44

    Certainly, provided that you supply a Serial Number to identify the correct schematic.

  9. #9mp42025-07-30 07:00

    CAT0257DCEZW01544

  10. #10Nige2025-07-30 07:23

    Check your message inbox.

  11. #11mp42025-07-30 07:49

    Thanks!

  12. #12mp42025-07-30 09:01

    Found my issue - a stick had got in and pulled a connector apart. By the looks of it, it isn't the 1st time it's been apart for a similar reason. Thanks again!!!

  13. #13HarleyHappy2025-07-30 09:22

    Zip tie connector together. lol

  14. #14mp42025-07-30 09:57

    Done

  15. #15HarleyHappy2025-07-30 15:13

    That’s the way!

  16. #16S.Fox2026-02-06 16:28

    Could I get copy of that schematic? Mine will open/release but will not lock back. Checked voltage at the motor i of course get the voltage to open but nothing the other direction.

  17. #17Nige2026-02-06 16:43

    Certainly, provided that you supply a Serial Number to identify the correct schematic.

  18. #18smifwal2026-02-06 16:57

    It definitely does need to be recalibrated I have had mine replaced four times under warranty and every time they come out they have to hook it up to the computer and the machine does its own thing hands-free of the controllers as a part of the calibration.(Boom up and down, tilt and such) The one time they just slapped a new one on there, my work tool positioner and return to dig function didn't work as they should and had to have them back out

  19. #19S.Fox2026-02-06 18:27
  20. #20Nige2026-02-06 19:56

    Check your message inbox.

  21. #21Simon C2026-02-06 21:53

    I have the schematic Nige sent you and was looking at it. Noticed there is 2 relays that power the Quick attach that are found on the right wall of what looked like the engine compartment on the pictorial. Would be a good place to check if there was signal entering them as you could swap the two after first marking them to quick check if one has gone bad. There was a breaker on it also I seem to recall. Couple simple things to check. Simon C

  22. #22S.Fox2026-02-11 12:57

    Thanks just now go a chance to look at the schematics, and I will look at the relays first and check them out. Hopefully if weather is not to bad be able to look at it this weekend.

  23. #23S.Fox2026-02-11 13:08

    looks like both relays are using the same ground and power so it would have to be the relay or the signal to make the coil energize.

  24. #24Urbanengineer2026-05-14 15:40

    Is this the same issue on the B series machines? This may also be my issue.

  25. #25Nige2026-05-14 15:49

    FYI B and D models have totally different electrical systems. For example the B does not have relays for the quick attach, amongst others.

  26. #26kevinvcoons2026-05-16 20:00

    I’m having the same issue on my 259D, no power at the coupler. I do have power at the switch. If I could bother you for a schematic, I’d be grateful! FTL10502

  27. #27Nige2026-05-17 09:50

    Check your message inbox.

  28. #28James Sanderson2026-08-13 04:49

    Hey im having the same issue with my 239D. A stick ripped both wires out of the actuator and I got a new one but I have power at the switch but nothing at the actuator my serial # is BL900626 thanks for any insight

  29. #29Nige2026-08-13 04:55

    Check your message inbox.