Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No start

Cononie · 2020-06-21 09:31

1845c 4bt pulled fuel injector pump off to replace Seal replaced seal put back in no start got plenty of fuel no start pulled fuel injector pump off put another one on that I know is good primed it getting plenty of fuel no start put it at top dead center still no start blead all lines plenty of fuel please help

Replies32
  1. #1kith2020-06-21 20:04

    When you say you have plenty of fuel does that include at the injectors? If not loosen two or three until you get fuel there.

  2. #2Cononie2020-06-22 05:45

    Yes I am getting plenty of fuel at the injectors all four

  3. #3Cononie2020-06-22 06:46

    It was running great before I pulled the fuel injector off to change the seal

  4. #4Mobiltech2020-06-22 07:56

    If it has an electric shutoff have you checked for power to it with the key on?

  5. #5Cononie2020-06-22 08:06

    What shuts it off is when you shut the power off to the solenoid on a fuel injection pump and it is getting power to let fuel through because I have it on a kill switch directly from the battery to the solenoid and that's how I shut it off

  6. #6kith2020-06-22 08:41

    Are you getting any smoke when cranking?

  7. #7Cononie2020-06-22 08:57

    Yes I am getting plenty of smoke I know it's bad but I can get it to turn over and start with ether but then shuts right off when ether burn up and boy when it fires up does that smoke smokes a lot I was assuming that's just the extra fuel in the cylinders

  8. #8Cononie2020-06-22 09:09

    yes I am getting plenty of smoke I know it's bad but I can get it to start on ether but shuts right back off when The ether burns up and that's when it really blows out the smoke cuz I'm assuming it's all the excess fuel Lane in the cylinders

  9. #9Cononie2020-06-22 20:24

    I know I'm new but this is why I go on this page to see if people could help me but apparently there's not good mechanics on this page because I'm not getting any replies to my problem other than the two gentlemen that they reply I thank them but this is where I'm at I am looking for help and not getting any sorry just frustrated

  10. #10BigWrench552020-06-22 21:17

    Pretty rude for someone who is receiving free advice. People on here aren't sitting around and waiting to give you advice on something that you screwed up. Sounds like you have the injection pump out of time with the engine. Or a wire in the wrong location. It would be more helpful if you were to give the full story.

  11. #11Vetech632020-06-22 21:23

    I’m for it being out of time.

  12. #12Cononie2020-06-22 21:58

    I thank you for the reply and I am sorry for being rude it just seems like that's the only way I can get attention and the story is like I had stated before all's I did was take the pump off there is only one wire that I took off and it goes to the solenoid on a fuel injection pump I kind of agree that it seems like the timing's wrong but I have it top dead center and the keyway lines up with the key slot that's why I'm so confused is there something I'm missing about the timing ?

  13. #13BigWrench552020-06-22 22:17

    It really sounds like you have the injection pump 180 degrees off time.

  14. #14BigWrench552020-06-22 22:21

    Throwing fits isn't the best way to get help. And you really should apologize to the guys who you insulted by calling them a no good mechanic. If you insulted me I wouldn't give you any help but just watch you struggle. Good luck to you.

  15. #15philipjd12020-06-22 22:32

    If it starts on either I would say timeing off,injecting fuel to late or earlier than normal causing a lower compression on all cylinders.,if you got a ton of smoke I would say out of time on pump. 1)Check all fuses in fuse box 2)could it be a fuel shutoff switch? 3)check for leaks on fuel side 4)when you put either to engine you are pin pointing the problem area/it started on either so that tells me problem with injector pump.i would still check fuse box first.

  16. #16Cononie2020-06-22 22:35

    You're right Paul and I do apologize because I know there's good mechanics on here it just doesn't seem like I was getting a lot of help until I throw a fit. and I will take everybody's advice I bought the bearing tool turn the motor over easy and I will try playing with the timing some more it's just like four times I've put it on top dead center I'm just lost and confused thank you

  17. #17Cononie2020-06-22 22:39

    I will check fuses anbdand timing again I agree is going to be timing I was just walking to see if there was something I was missing. Thank you

  18. #18philipjd12020-06-22 23:35

    If I ever want tdc on cylinder number 1,I always pull valve cover and watch valve movement. I guess tdc is found at cylinder # 1 right? If so- pull valve cover off,find cylinder # 1 intake valve,rotate crankshaft by hand when #1intake valve opens and then closes/now find mark and turn cranktcrank by hand till lined up to tdc. Keep in mind I have no manual so I could be wrong on this info so check me,but I'm thinking you could be way off on timeing. Don't damage your engine engine should fire fuel at tdc anyway,but if way off you could wash you cylinders down with fuel,could this happen?

  19. #19heymccall2020-06-23 00:17

    I put a pump in a deere 6059, and couldn't make it run again. Turns out the I sheared the key, allowing the pump to be installed out of time. Can you check and see if the key isn't damaged?

  20. #20highwayghost2020-06-23 05:22

    Started that at a young age and it's still working?? The Dealership is accustom to that type of thing and gets paid for it. Give them a call. Good Luck.

  21. #21Cononie2020-06-23 06:32

    Thank you everybody I will be trying everybody's advice tonight and I will get back to you and let you know what I discovered thanks again I apologize for being rude

  22. #22kith2020-06-23 08:50

    I agree with the timing being off. If electrical was a problem you wouldn't have smoke. Is the small end of the timing pin still good? They can be broken off easily.

  23. #23Tinkerer2020-06-23 09:36

    Are you following the timing instructions in the service manual ? If not you will probably need professional on-site help. Why are you timing it to TDC ? Did you insert the pin in the camshaft gear before you removed the pump as per the service manual ? Here is a small portion from the service manual in regards to what you should be doing. Take particular notice of step #6.

  24. #24Cononie2020-06-23 13:08

    No I did not pin it beforehand I have pulled out the fuel injection pump off of that machine a good dozen times and never had a problem but after this problem I think I will start pinning it all I did was change the seal so I figure as normal I could pop it right back in and it would fire right up like normal it didsdid not so I figure I got to start fresh and go to top dead center thanks for your help

  25. #25Vetech632020-06-23 19:45

    Those keys in those shaft keyways do get knocked out. Dont ask me how I know

  26. #26Tinkerer2020-06-23 20:47

    You had the pump off dozens of times ??? Really ? Why ?

  27. #27Cononie2020-06-24 06:35

    I've owned that skid loader for 22 years I am very rough on things I've beat the hell out of I had blown a motor up I have pulled the motor out I rebuild it the only thing I hadn't done myself was resleeve it had torn the original fuel injection pump off and put a bigger one on for more horsepower pull that one back off put the original one back on because I realized that was way too much power in a skid loader and so on and so on

  28. #28Vetech632020-06-24 07:14

    This type of stuff is helping you create your own issues.

  29. #29Cononie2020-06-24 07:55

    You're right but normally I don't have many issues with it in last 22 years she's been a good machine normally I can figure everything out myself but this one has just got me stumped

  30. #30Tinkerer2020-06-24 12:16

    If there is "plenty of fuel at the injectors", that indicates a timing issue. If you have a service manual you need to start from step one and time it exactly the way is says. That eliminates the chance it is out of time. TDC marks can be 180° out of time in regards to the IP timing.

  31. #31thepumpguysc2020-06-25 11:50

    If the pump shaft & gear is keyed and u didnt move the gear or the pump.. U SHOULDA LOCKED THE PUMP BEFORE u removed it, then u coulda done whatcha did & it woulda worked.. U gotta just move/twist the pump to find the sweet spot..

  32. #32Cononie2020-07-07 22:14

    First I want to thank everybody for their help I had sent my injectors out to get tested all four injectors where bad they must of been just good enough to make it run I threw the pump in like the last five or six times that I have done I put my four rebuilt injectors in it tried to start as I was bleeding it it fired right up in purse like a kitten