Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Noble trailermate tm50 running issue

WelldiggerLA · 2021-01-17 20:39

Hey guys, new here. Been a while since I have been a member of a forum but its kinda nice to be back on one. So I have a noble trailermate tm50 forklift. It has a 4 cylinder Perkins. The other day my help was unloading a pallet of Portland cement off our trailer and the engine wanted to die when you put a load on it. Especially when he was trying to drive the forklift forwards or backwards. When you gave it throttle it sorta surged and didn't want to hold a steady rpm. It was behaving like it was starving for fuel. I pulled the fuel filter and it was pretty nasty. So I put a new one in and bled the housing. Now it won't start. So I'm not sure if I still have air in the system or if I have another problem. BTW, I purchased this forklift just over a month ago. It was supposed to be fully gone through and serviced but im starting to doubt that.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2021-01-17 20:56

    When u changed the filter u opened up a “closed” system.. u definitely allowed air in.. Loosen the inlet fuel line that goes into the back of the pump.. More than likely it has a lift pump on the engine.. & it might have a hand primer on the lift pump.? Use the Hp to get fuel to the loosened line OR just crank the engine.. once u get fuel TO the pump, tighten the line.. NOW, loosen ALL the lines AT THE INJECTORS or as many u can get to.. now crank the engine until fuel squirts out of the loosened lines and tighten.. It should start now.. Good luck..

  2. #2WelldiggerLA2021-01-17 21:35

    Ya I was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure. It does have a lift pump but no hand primer unfortunately. But I'll give it a shot and see what it does.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2021-01-18 06:52

    I forgot to mention that all the air bleeding and starting should be done with the throttle in the wide open position.. never at low idle..

  4. #4thepumpguysc2021-01-18 06:55

    Also, if the filter was “that bad”.. chances are good all that debris went thru the lift/supply pump.?? If the sp has a screw on top of it, there’s probably a screen u can clean out..?? Good luck