Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Noise in final drives-750J LGP Deere

WBC ยท 2015-11-17 08:48

I've almost always been around cat dozers but recently bought a Deere 750J lgp. I've put around 300 hrs on it. Machine has almost 5000 total hrs. Like the dozer other than a "whining" noise towards the final drives ecspiecally when in a higher gear. Checked all fluids and there fine. Didn't know if it was a Deere thing or what.

Replies4
  1. #1CatofAmerica2015-11-17 10:23

    Can't speak for Deere's because haven't been around them that much. I have noticed however that a lot of the hydro-static dozers have a certain whining in them, esp at high speed or heavy pushes. I could be wrong though.

  2. #2WBC2015-11-17 16:06

    I've ran the new cat 6k's and noticed some whining but nothing like on my Deere. I'm gonna try to get a rep out from Deere and let them listen to it.

  3. #3WBC2015-11-17 16:11

    The 6k's I ran at my public job were almost new or no more than 24-2500 hrs on them too. That could make a difference. I'm a cat man but couldn't find the size range/price that I wanted. Wish cat would make a 7k in the 36-37k pound range but hell they would go for $150k with 5000 hrs on them lol

  4. #4CatofAmerica2015-11-17 18:56

    Yes I understand where you're coming from. Too be honest I'm not a big fan of these new dozers as much, maybe just what I grew up on.