Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

none in the world!!

twr · 2021-12-03 07:54

D6r S/N 5LN injectors 170-5187, its getting crazy

Replies18
  1. #1BigWrench552021-12-03 08:10

    I see that you are in the great state of Texas. Have you tried M&D Distributors?

  2. #2funwithfuel2021-12-03 08:45

    Donchya just love the "global economy "

  3. #3thepumpguysc2021-12-03 08:46

    I’m running into the same problem and I work in the business.!! Had a pump come in off a 6BTA.. Someone got to it before me and removed 2 of the 6 holders on top.. They lost the springs and pegs outta 2 cylinders.. the springs r available but no pegs(volume reducers) none at the factory either.!!

  4. #4BigWrench552021-12-03 08:48

    I will ask you guys the same question everyone asks me. Do you have one on your truck?

  5. #5Birken Vogt2021-12-03 09:43

    A quick Google search turned up several places that "say" they have them including ebay and some random injection shops. No idea if they are any good, remanufactured, dropped, used or whatever, but it appears there are some out there. I would start picking up the phone and calling these other places including the ebay seller to see if they are American and sound legit. Maybe buy a couple spares in case any are defective.

  6. #6twr2021-12-03 11:19

    tore it apart found a lot of stuff but no injectors

  7. #7twr2021-12-03 11:25

    the guy I use for aftermarket has ran them came up with nothing, two fuel pump shops I use cant do nothing ,one said they could send off to rebuild two weeks maybe cat can have some in 90 days found one new in Houston now there closed for inventory, how long does it take to count one injector

  8. #8Tyler d4c2021-12-03 11:33

    Try profomance in Clearfield pa they seem to get me out of pickles once in a bit

  9. #9Birken Vogt2021-12-03 11:43

    https://www.google.com/search?q=injector+170-5187 https://www.ebay.com/itm/171037947897 https://www.dieselpartsdirect.com/ds1705187 No endorsement of any of these sites, just that they say they are out there.

  10. #10twr2021-12-03 16:48

    I saw those have hard time putting my name on china i'm sure parts may not have option

  11. #11Birken Vogt2021-12-03 20:53

    Well if the Americans are too busy to even make 1 or a set of 6 then I guess the Chinese get the money.

  12. #12thepumpguysc2021-12-03 21:04

    Ur right.. the thing that bothers me is, mine is a Bosch part made for a Cummins engine/pump...(6BTA) How many of those do u think r out in the world.?? Totally unacceptable .!!!

  13. #13Truck Shop2021-12-03 21:44

    https://oregonfuelinjection.com/

  14. #14Tyler d4c2021-12-03 21:47

    I ve heard good of them never gave them a go yet tho

  15. #15Truck Shop2021-12-03 21:56

    I spent 3 hours looking for accessory drive parts for a big cam. Cummins wanted $641.00 for the drive gear, finally found a aftermarket for $109.00 with the 2 thrust washers and 2 bushings and freight $165.00. A complete new is $381 to $450 and reman $281. But that's if you can get it. If it says in stock on a site like DPD that means nothing they will probably be sourcing from someone else, most are. Highway and Heavy Parts had zero and they pull from DC's all over and sell a lot of Interstate Mc Bee and they had Zero. But Cummins had no parts either just a few thrust washers. M&D Distributors is also the same as Diesel Cast West in Portland Or, Which use to be Northwest Motor Weld.

  16. #16Queenslander2021-12-04 02:21

    No 170-5187 but our dealer here is showing 3 reman injectors in stock at the moment. Any more than that are ”not in stock”.

  17. #17Truck Shop2021-12-27 20:40

    I try to find parts in western states, shipping prices and when ordering from east coast they lose it 25% of the time.

  18. #18AzIron2021-12-28 07:15

    I usually have stuff get lost coming 2 states away dont talk about cross country Tho did have an interesting experience with duetz had a mud pump on a drill go down in Alaska injection pump called around only available in Germany no next day available so company bought first class tickets on an airplane pump was in Alaska 3 days later and rig was running in less than 5 days I thought that was fairly impressive