Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Noob looking for help: Komatsu PC50UU-2 how to swap controls ISO/SAE

rensho ยท 2023-06-25 13:20

I've searched the interwebs at great length and have come up empty. My ~2000 PC50UU-2 doesn't seem to come with any type of switch valve. It seems that some versions have a small cab door above the tracks and the switch is in there. I've looked in the floor area and really just see the endless hydro lines. I've read that I'll perhaps need to swap at the pilot controls. Would anyone be able to help walk me thru what this will take? Am I taking off 2 lines on each pilot arm and pulling those lines over to the other side? Or is it easier and there is just 2 lines i need to swap one of the arms? Or do i swap the lines at some other location like the 2 (5 port and 4 port) spool valve body outside of the cab area next to the hyd tank? I do have access to the shop manual (774 pages). Thanks in advance.

Replies8
  1. #1uffex2023-06-27 05:50

    Good day Attached a common way to change the pattern.If you need more please come back, if you share the manual (PM a link) we can make information according to your machine. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2rensho2023-06-27 20:31

    Thx for the reply. I did already have that doc and read thru it. Here is the link to the manual. I'll PM you.

  3. #3uffex2023-06-28 04:45

    Good day Rensho I have attached a question form for you so we can be certain we make the change as easy as possible and you have a machine that will operate as you would like. A couple of other point's is if you would like this to be a permanent change or are you likely to require switching back at some point? Are you satisfied that the pattern changer is not on your machine or would you like support to check this out? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4rensho2023-06-28 11:36

    I'd like this to be a permanent change. I currently have ISO and I'd like SAE. Currently: LHA boom down Want: Digger out LHC boom up ------------> Digger in RHA Digger out --------> Boom down RHC Digger in --------> Boom up B and D positions no change.

  5. #5rensho2024-08-24 19:36

    I finally got around to switching my controls. I tried doing it via the lines under the foot area, via the lines going in/out of the blocks down there. In the end, it did not work out to trace lines and disconnect. I followed the lines from the bucket and arm/boom, and chased those down to the battery compartment area. This allowed to just swap the 4 lines in question and get things working. It wasn't bad at all.

  6. #6skyking12024-08-24 20:05

    We miss you @uffex

  7. #7hunterjoe142026-01-22 18:12

    Do you by chance have any pictures of the lines you swapped? I want to do the same on mine. Thank you and God bless!

  8. #8nikthewho2026-01-23 02:19

    @uffex had very informative site too.