Good Morning! I Just purchased a 2018 249D (not D3) from a construction company liquidation. So, no one to ask questions and no relationship with the local CAT dealer yet. The manual is very poor, covers multiple models and refers you to the Parts Manual which the Average Joe does not have. CAT249D 0GWR02598 I’m moving up from a Deere 270 so the 249D is much more complex. Use is general farm, hay loading plus rough terrain brush cutting and fence line trimming. 1. My machine has high flow. The Op Manual says to refer to the Parts Manual to see if a High Flow Plug is needed to activate High Flow. No search hits on the online parts reference for a plug for my machine. On this machine “High Flow” bumps the flow from 19 to 26gpm at the same pressure. I assume no plug is needed? If needed, PN? 2. I have a quick attach log splitter. I assume the Hydraulic Interlock over-ride switch will allow constant flow when I exit the cab with the parking brake on. If not, how can I run it? 3. If I buy a 24gpm brush cutter, will that leave me enough power to run the machine on fairly steep hills? It’s 67hp. Thanks!
High Flow on your machine is activated by jumpering two pins in the wiring harness connector located on the LH side of the Lift Arms. Generally if you have an attachment that requires HF and also requires any sort of electrical inputs the jumper should be (but not always is) built into the plug of the wiring harness supplied with the attachment. If an attachment does not require electrics then you need a separate jumper harness. What needs jumpering on your machine is beween Pin K (High Flow Detect - wire #460 Blue) and Pin B (Ground - wire #200 Black) of CONN 42 which is the Work Tool connector. Different models of machine require different jumper harness Part Numbers depending on the size/number of pins in the harness connector at the end of the Lift Arm. The part is known as "Plug As - Jumper" in the Parts Manuals. I can't find the Part Number for your machine off-hand. Maybe someone else knows..? If nobody comes up with anything I can give you the Part Numbers of piece items that you can use to manufacture your own Jumper Plug.
HeavyEquipmentForums Post #7 is it - 421-4208 is the Part Number. Current price appears to be $130 or thereabouts.
Not to be a pain to Nige b/c I appreciate his help... I went to SIS at My CAT (which I'm not good with yet) and 421-4208 did not come back as valid for my machine. I think it's the right part b/c on SIS I can see the HF solenoid on the HF hyd pump, so I guess I need the connector. An extra 7gpm doesn't sound like a big deal... Still trying to figure this out.
The only place in the whole of SIS that you can find that Part Number (and why it's such a pain to find the P/N in the first place) is in a couple of mulching heads. Why it's hidden away like that I have no idea. See below, the P/Ns under 421-4208 are what it's made up of. It'll work. When you get one, turn it over and look at the open side of the connector that mates with the one on the lift arm. You should only see terminals in two pins, B & K.