Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nor’easter flooding

2004F550 ยท 2007-04-17 09:53

We got hit pretty hard here in NW CT with more than 6" of rain and some serious flooding. Awoke to the phone ringing monday morning and my cousin asking if I can move his 215 to his house on our lowbed, his driveway is washed out and he couldn't even leave the house. So i head in and find our road flooded with about 18" and the soccer fields next to it in 4' of water and ripping along with the Farmington River. This was the worst flooding in my area in some years. I snapped some pics of the move, and his driveway. The photos don't do the driveway justice. It was a 3' cavern underneath all of the asphalt and all the gravel washed 300' down into the town road.

Replies9
  1. #12004F5502007-04-17 09:56

    the driveway was about 250' long total and is a complete loss, now he is trying to deal with insurance. This pic is of me pulling back into the driveway, the water had risen since I left and was higher further down the road, but this was the only place the pic was possible, still high enough for me.

  2. #2Squizzy246B2007-04-17 10:32

    Crikey

  3. #3PSDF3502007-04-17 16:14

    Was just watching road closures for NH took 35 minutes. It is still raining.

  4. #4wrenchbender2007-04-17 16:37

    Hang on tight, seek higher ground and stay safe up there guys you'll be in my prayers.

  5. #5nedly052007-04-17 17:28

    Nasty, looks all too familiar, but this storm brought us wet heavy sloppy snow, about 12-18" here in town, more in some places. Knocked down trees, power lines messed up traffic..... Sorry to here about your cousins road, that always makes for a tough time. On a brighter note. Great pics:thumbsup. Nice truck!:notworthy

  6. #6equipment fan2007-04-17 17:53

    nice truck but no nice wheater!

  7. #7surfer-joe2007-04-17 22:57

    There are several good reasons I don't live up east any more, and this is one of them.

  8. #8Steve Frazier2007-04-17 23:08

    I haven't been on much the past 2 days due to this. I'll post pics tomorrow. My daughter was off from school Monday because the buses couldn't get around. I rode around checking on some drainage work I've done over the past couple years, they all held. It was tough to go anywhere, so many roads were closed from flooding.

  9. #9mtb3452007-04-18 11:16

    only a duck would love this weather getting cabin fever around here by the way that 215 looks mint