Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

North Slope photos

DirtHauler ยท 2010-11-24 23:15

I am posting these for Tvan. Tvan writes: These are some pictures of work on the slope doing a pipeline across the sea ice in Alaska

Replies29
  1. #1DirtHauler2010-11-24 23:18

    MORE:drinkup

  2. #2DirtHauler2010-11-24 23:23

    Last one.

  3. #39420pullpan2010-11-24 23:25

    Now that looks like fun!

  4. #4willie592010-11-25 00:10

    That sure is some nice swamp buggy excavator pics. But I must say, way too cold for me!

  5. #5580bruce2010-11-25 00:42

    How do you backfill something like that?!?

  6. #6jimrr2010-11-25 00:58

    machines must be robotically controlled via camera!!

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2010-11-25 02:42

    I would guess just go away and the ice will freeze back over. Done!

  8. #8nickbowers2010-11-25 03:26

    im suprised machines can still work in temps like that

  9. #9stock2010-11-25 04:16

    Brilliant pictures thanks for sharing.

  10. #10DeanW2010-11-25 07:11

    Cool pix, thanks for sharing! Looks to cold for me!

  11. #11masterwelder2010-11-25 08:13

    Those pic's make the 30's (Fahrenheit) here today feel warm!

  12. #12Colorado Digger2010-11-25 09:48

    neat fotos, thank you. it is always fun to see what other crazy operations are going on

  13. #13Stevenbrla2010-11-25 10:22

    Cool pics. Priority List: 1. Heater 2. Heater 3. Heater

  14. #14buckfever2010-11-25 10:27

    my fingers and toes hurt just looking at those pictures. Now is that all ice or are you digging through the ice to get to the soil on the bottom?

  15. #15DEERE310SG2010-11-25 11:41

    Great pic's.:thumbsup

  16. #16Big Iron2010-11-25 12:10

    was that the pipe line from Northstar or Oooguruk? I moved a 2250 to Oooguruk during the building of the island

  17. #17grandpa2010-11-25 12:47

    Would imagine according to the wetlands act all the spoil's have to be moved to high ground and left there....nice pictures.

  18. #18skagit2010-11-25 15:04

    That is really something else! Thanks for posting.

  19. #19joispoi2010-11-26 00:22

    Great pictures! I was wondering how the hell a long reach could break through the frost until I saw that it was ice.

  20. #20big ben2010-11-26 00:36

    That definitely falls in the "extreme service" category ! Amazing pic's

  21. #21Dozerboy2010-11-26 12:56

    Cool pics those pontoons make that 450 look really small.

  22. #22Tvan2010-12-07 14:47

    North Star Project seems like 2002 or 03

  23. #23danocheese2010-12-07 16:22

    You have to give us details on this pipeline.

  24. #24james_lee2010-12-19 00:35

    nice photo and nice machine..

  25. #25Wolf2010-12-19 01:36

    is it very cold up there now?

  26. #26JDMGrading2010-12-19 10:55

    What are the boomlifts used for?

  27. #27jack3452010-12-20 00:49

    Great pic's, bet they never shut down when they have light.

  28. #28traxx612011-01-16 08:04

    the side booms do all the pipe handling

  29. #29JDMGrading2011-01-16 20:34

    I know what the sidebooms do...But in one of the pics there is a man basket (boomlift) I cannot figure out what they're doing with them.