Hello All, First time poster so please be patient. I am looking for some information on the subject crane. My brother left this crane on my property in Southern VA and the town is putting pressure on me to have it removed. I was considering selling the steel for scrap but have no way to move the crane to the recycling facility. Can anyway tell me how much this machine weighs? Is there anyone near VA interested in this machine? I have have no idea of the age, probably 1950s I am guessing. Any insight or information would be appreciated. I have a few pics and the original Northwest repair parts list but nothing more. Thanks. Kathy
If you are simply wanting to get rid of it contact a scrap contractor, thay will cut it up and load it out.
Contact Gerhart Machinery, in Lititz, Pa. They buy NW cranes for parts, and for rebuilding. Jeff
Yeah, Roger Gerhart is the MAN for Northwests. To the OP, HCEA is a club of people that love old machines. HCEA.NET you might consider advertising on their forum, as well, that's the place for old iron fanatics.
Thanks so much.
If it were closer to here I would be over in a heartbeat. Hope you can find a local collector to save it. China has enough of our iron already.