Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Not once not twice but 4 times…stupidity.

catchick ยท 2008-05-30 14:53

We had a new guy start at work a while back, he seems to be a few calves short of a liner load....anyways I was on one of my few days off when I get called in to a meeting. (I serve as worker co-chair) I arrive at work and one of my guys pulls me aside (This has nothing to do with the meeting) and says "New guy got out of his truck while I was loading him and stood between the wall and the truck." New guy had been working the only about a week. This idiot actually got out of his rock truck, no hard hat (like it would help) and stood 15 feet below the trackhoe that was loading him! My guy goes on to say the only reason he looked to see where this twit was is because he didn't notice him in the truck as he swung around! At any rate my guy stops the hoe jumps out and yells at this a** to get back in his truck then proceeds to tear him a new one over the CB. The twit's excuse....he wanted to see what it would look like to be under the hoe as it loaded....:Banghead So I pull this fool aside and explain to him that... you know...IT COULD KILL HIM IF A BIG ENOUGH CHUNK FALLS OVER THE BUCKET....he actually looked at me and said nothing could hurt this hard head....what an a** I reported him to my boss and we run on three strikes at my workplace (which I think is ridiculous when it comes to this type of thing....one strike your a** is gone....this guys has ZERO common sense and is a major liability)...anyway idiot pulls of three more different scenarios of this same stupidity....needless to say he don't work with us no more...

Replies3
  1. #1bear2008-05-30 18:30

    Unfortunately people like that are the ones you use as a good example of a bad example. Good thing he got fired before he got killed, sounds like the kind of person that won't learn until they have lost their limbs or their life.

  2. #2eightup2008-05-31 23:30

    A few calves short of a liner load....lol Common can't be taught. That's a perfect example of that. Glad dude wasn't hurt....

  3. #3mouse2008-09-15 07:06

    as we'd say here - a few 'roos short of the top paddock. as inventive as you can be to protect people they will find a way to 'outsmart' you.