Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Novice CTL Owning Questions

jd1364 ยท 2024-06-24 19:55

Long time member and lurker. Own a Cat D4E & John Deere 310D. Got the itch for a skid steer and little scared to buy a newer model. All my heavy equipment I can work on. What is the story on needing to clean the DPF filters after 3000 hours. Had a gentleman tell me you have to pull the engine on a Cat to change out the DPF, for about $6000 cost. Are all Tier 4 engines on all brands this way? This is just strictly for farm use. Dont beat me up to bad, for asking dumb questions, I figured it's best to ask the pros.

Replies1
  1. #1Legdoc2024-06-24 22:26

    I'd hold out for that rare pre-emission unit if time permits. No DPF or DEF or common rail is a good thing in my experience.