Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nowthen Thresheree

old-iron-habit ยท 2017-08-15 22:29

Loaded up the 1952 Cat 212 grader today to go play this weekend at Nowthen, MN. The truck is a 1971 Kenworth. The trailer is a 32 foot Special Built with a 1960 build date. Hauled the 922A loader on Sunday but forgot to take pictures. Will get some on the haul home next week. We are clearing a piece of land with old iron to increase the show grounds during the show this year.

Replies8
  1. #1old-iron-habit2017-08-15 22:33

    Posted this off my tablet. I never got double pictures before????

  2. #2John C.2017-08-15 22:47

    I just love the knuckle buster. Old iron would be an addiction I would love to be able to afford.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2017-08-15 23:02

    That is a nice combination of vehicles, that might have actually been seen together in its heyday.

  4. #4DMiller2017-08-22 11:27

    Mighty Cute!

  5. #5ol'stonebreaker2017-08-22 15:40

    Looks like you keep the 212 busy or under cover judging by the moldboard polish. Mike

  6. #6farmerlund2017-08-22 20:05

    Any pics from the show OIH?

  7. #7old-iron-habit2017-08-22 20:42

    I'm waiting for a u-tube video from Sasquatch whom frequents a few different forums. He always does a top notch job of putting a video together. I was so busy playing that I forgot to take pictures except during the parade one day and they are lousy. I will post a link to his video when he posts to ACMOC. We grubbed the area, pushed the top soil off, leveled the rolly polly ground, and then put the top soil back down on the 3/4 football field sized area that will be used to expand the show grounds. We left a few big shade oaks standing. We had from the newest, a D6D, the oldest, a steam engine that had been underwater in a river for 65 years after falling off a barge(featured in farm collector a while back) and everything in between out there in the digging area. The steamer was having a blast pulling a real early small scraper until he pulled the shackle in half.

  8. #8old-iron-habit2017-08-22 20:50