Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NPSM

TVA · 2020-02-15 17:26

Can anyone ( especially old timers) tell me where I can buy NPSM ( heck, maybe just NPS) caps and plugs?!?! I can still hose ends and adapters - but not caps and plugs! I thought I will not need those anymore, but first old Grove cherry picker crossed my pass, and now I started working on fishing boats hydraulic systems - and these things are everywhere! I hate to stack bunch of NPT to NPSM adapters and plug and cap them!

Replies9
  1. #1Cmark2020-02-15 18:39

    Best I can come up with from Cat are these part numbers for plastic. They don't seem to be available in steel.

  2. #2TVA2020-02-15 18:54

    Thanks! I need high pressure plugs and caps!

  3. #3gwoade2020-02-16 07:46

    I'd imagine that NPT caps and plugs are available. Would chasing the threads with a NPS tap/die work?

  4. #4DB22020-02-16 09:06

    Thanks CMark for the chart. Often just wanna use plastic for storage and never knew where to look. Anybody else have a similar listing for different suppliers? Sorry not trying to HiJack the thread.

  5. #5TVA2020-02-16 09:09

    The thing is there’s male Npt pets with god chamfer on the face that mates with NPSM cone, and thread of NPTF is good enough for it, and that’s what I used yesterday to test the steering system on the boat yesterday. But my OCD personality rebels against this multilayered set up! And also it takes up a lot of space in the drawers of my service truck.

  6. #6TVA2020-02-16 09:12

    New Line in Surrey BC has OKish sets of plastic caps and plugs, little too much NPT in them IMO, and ORFS you have to buy separate - but I use it. Don’t fall for yellow threaded plugs for BSPP/GAZ, GAS supposed to share a lot of sizes with DIN, but none of those will fit DIN. There’s company called Capplug. But their minimum like 1000 pieces.

  7. #7DB22020-02-16 09:22

    Thanks TVA. I’ll check them out. Always easier for us Canucks to source from Canada.

  8. #8Bluox2020-02-16 12:27

    Check out Cat kit # 276-7018 nice selection not bad price. Bob

  9. #9DB22020-02-16 13:14

    Thanks Bob I will.