Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NW Yarder guys, What are you getting per MBF/Ton to log?

Hallback ยท 2013-08-23 10:21

I do not expect exact numbers but My experience with yarder logging in smaller second growth is around $240-285 per MBF. Where do you see the costs going...????

Replies3
  1. #1boardbysled2013-08-23 14:37

    The few sides I visited in the past few days were $20-$25/ton on the truck logging cost. Then right around another $10/ton trucking costs. Those are pretty easy settings, with the loggers easily getting 7-10 loads a day. Obviously the tougher the unit, the more the price goes up. There is a sale that I helped on that is expected to reach > $50/ton; big yarder setting, hanging out more then 2000 ft, no good tail holds, and steep terrain (90% avg).

  2. #2Hallback2013-08-23 15:04

    I am looking at $6800 per day to operate a full tower side. Breaking that down into a 10 load a day (30 ton loads) average (realistically most seem to get 8 per day average) is about $23 per ton. On the 8 load per day average it factors out to $28.33 per ton.

  3. #3Scott S2013-12-05 21:40

    I need to log where you are at.