On fire right now https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/07/25/russian-fighter-jets-syria-esper-intv-tsr-vpx.cnn
What do you think caught fire?
Oops, sorry for the bad link NYC crane collapses on building and into street after catching on fire | CNN Six people, including four civilians and two firefighters, suffered minor injuries in a crane collapse Wednesday morning in Manhattan. amp.cnn.com
There’s electric motors, gear boxes, hydraulics and switch gear up there.
there is also a fire extinguisher or 3 and a master power shut off. Somebody done messed up. The big crane power is on a switch on the base.
That didn't take long.
It's a Favco, It's diesel not electric.
I had not seen a tower like that in Seattle. There are quite a few luffers along I-5 right now. Now that the city is built up the regular towers don't fit everywhere anymore.
Luffers currently outnumber “conventional” tower cranes by about 10:1 in UK urban construction sites from what I can see.
It was the exact opposite for the last 10 or 15 years in Seattle, but now it's swapping around the other way.