Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

O Brother !

Autocar ยท 2010-07-04 12:25

I had a sixty mile trip yesturday with the Autocar and backed it in the shop and come back a little later and there under the bell housing is a pool of oil. I checked the oil and it was fine, but eather my seal is leaking again or the oil pan gasket or maybe the paper gasket I made for the rear of the motor where the seal goes into. I was trying to remember what that peice looked like because it gave me the impression that it was pooled up in a ? then leaked out real slow after I shut it off. So I made a small holding pan that catches any run off out of the drain hole and I am going to run it some more to see how much it leaks as I run her down the road. I am curious it she leaks as your moving or after I shut it off. When I saw it I said to myself the H with it but as the day passed the oil leak drove me crazy and I suppose I will tear into it again.

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042010-07-04 13:03

    I feel your pain

  2. #2Muffler Bearing2010-07-08 14:49

    hope for the best but expect the worst

  3. #3Autocar2010-07-15 20:52

    Turned out to be the oil pan gasket right below the oil crank seal. Guess when I pulled the steel block that held the oil seal the gasket wasn't as good of condition as I thought. I am glad that it was a easy fix sure alot better then pulling that tranmission again

  4. #4mitch5042010-07-15 23:29

    Lucky Dog.