Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

O ring sets?

Questionable wizard · 2025-07-12 22:02

I want to purchase high quality oring sets for face seal, SAE, dash sizes in Viton. Where should I look? Is there a supplier that offers competitive deals which maintains the quality? Many of these o rings come from China. The buyers determine the quality.

Replies13
  1. #1hvy 1ton2025-07-12 23:50

    Captain O-Ring sells kits in both Viton and Buna-N. I've been using their ORB Buna-N kit for a couple years. I originally found them trying to source some weird o-rings for pool plumbing.

  2. #2terex herder2025-07-13 06:34

    Hercules Sealing Products. Yea, pretty much whoever you buy from will be supplying imported o rings.

  3. #3crane operator2025-07-13 07:30

    I think the gates orings are still made here, but the coo on them is listed - USA (primary). so I'm not even sure about them. Gates 85001 O-Ring Assortment Kit (OR,FLOR,ORFF): Automotive Fuel Injection System Products: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Gates 85001 O-Ring Assortment Kit (OR,FLOR,ORFF): Automotive Fuel Injection System Products: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific www.amazon.com

  4. #492U 34062025-07-13 08:03

    My go to kit at the shop is Eaton. Has everything I need most of the time.

  5. #5crane operator2025-07-13 08:29

    What kit do you have from them? These are the last kits I bought. O-Ring Kit for ORB, ORF, and Flange Fittings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific O-Ring Kit for ORB, ORF, and Flange Fittings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific www.amazon.com

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-07-13 09:08

    I bought that same kit and have replaced every ORBS oring on any fitting I’ve taken apart and no problems so far.

  7. #792U 34062025-07-13 09:10

    We've got a couple of those. This is the one I like. I just get the company that manages our shop supply inventory to keep the kit stocked to the top. I can clean out the -6 and -8 ORFS slots in 2 weeks depending on what jobs come in the door. https://www.hydraulic-supply.com/ff16087-01.html?srsltid=AfmBOoqfRXTq3Be_Q8uCvOe74-V4_etaFjg_QxYbvUvtlhgSlmAEyl9Z

  8. #8heymccall2025-07-13 10:14

    I've had the kit in post #6 for ages. This one Is there such a thing as a BSPP Oring kit (not bonded seal/ dowty)? If I put an SAE 12 Oring on a BSPP fitting, they always seep/ leak.

  9. #9crane operator2025-07-13 12:30

    The ones with a metal ring/ washer and a oring?

  10. #10crane operator2025-07-13 12:35

    Like this? BSPP Retaining Ring and Oring Kit (1/8″- 1 1/2″) Part Number Description Quantity 1618BPOR 1/8" Retaining Ring and Oring 8 1614BPOR 1/4" Retaining Ring and Oring 10 1638BPOR 3/8" Retaining Ring and Oring 10 1612BPOR 1/2" Retaining Ring and Oring 10 1658BPOR 5/8" Retaining Ring and Oring 6 1634BPOR 3/4" Retaining Ring and Oring 8... www.malonespecialtyinc.com

  11. #11Questionable wizard2025-07-13 13:48

    Thanks for the replies. I like the Parker o rings. The local Parker supplier prices everything they sell at Aerospace levels.

  12. #12terex herder2025-07-13 14:12

    Malone Specialty has the largest assortment of kits I've found. They have BSPP bonded seal kits. They are also the only place I've found a kit for the metric version of BOSS oring kits. They are ISO 6149, also called "metric port and stud ends". The one I've had trouble with used a smaller o-ring than the equivalent size of BOSS oring would use.

  13. #13HarleyHappy2025-07-14 08:14

    Question, will Malone have Case orings? For some reason, none of my kits match up to the Case valve o-rings, so have to buy them from Case and they are very proud of them.