Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Odd blade function on Bobcat mini

NCman · 2021-10-14 17:52

As above, I'm looking at purchasing a 2000 Bobcat 328 mini ex. Very clean with new tracks and 1800hrs. Owner says everything tight and strong but, After warmed up and ready to go the blade won't lift until you move forward or backward. It then raises automatically the minute hydraulics are engaged in forward or reverse. He says after that while moving it can be raised.or lowered. He says he had a small leak on blade cylinder. He bought a kit, installed himself and no more leaks... Says he called bobcat and they claimed that was normal. So, what do y'all think? I can't find anything referring to an automatic raising blade and such. Could he have just done something wrong when doing blade cylinder kit? Thanks for any advice as I'm supposed to see it in the am.

Replies2
  1. #1NCman2021-10-17 08:41

    Although it was in excellent condition, had low hrs, new tracks and a great price... I didn't get it due to the single issue it had. After cancelling my appt. with seller It was sold to the next guy within minutes. I was hoping someone here would have had an answer to my original question (even a guess) Here's my guess. After some reading, I can't find any BC mini that raises blade automatically when drive motors are engaged. It could be that a valve was sticking somewhere or has debris from kit owner installed in blade cylinder.

  2. #2jonno6342021-10-18 09:32

    I have no idea on a bobcat… your idea seems good. Could it be how he modified the hydraulics, that it doesn’t stroke the pump until you engage the tracks? Just a thought.