Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Odd Ducks

Blocker in MS · 2019-12-22 19:36

A great pass time of mine has been finding one-off, odd custom, or low production machines in real life or auction papers or wherever. I would enjoy a special place for strange machines. Any and all apply, trucks, trains, tractors, whatever machinery is unusual. It might be good to post actual pictures if the links are auction or sale related is case something gets sold also. Thanks.

Replies15
  1. #1Blocker in MS2019-12-22 19:39

    http://www.machinerytrader.com/ListingsDetail/Detail.aspx?lp=MAT&OHID=26779697 Allis Chalmers HD7W bare root tree harvester.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2019-12-22 19:43

    Here's one

  3. #3Blocker in MS2019-12-22 19:50

    That looks to be a track loader tack tractor. Great job, thanks Tyler!

  4. #4Tyler d4c2019-12-22 19:57

    The skid steer in my profile picture is also a odd ball

  5. #5Blocker in MS2019-12-22 20:13

    I noticed the Cat sticker

  6. #6Blocker in MS2019-12-22 20:18

    http://www.machinerytrader.com/ListingsDetail/Detail.aspx?lp=MAT&OHID=18289901 Not too many Giants around. I forgot what the production total was, but it was not too high.

  7. #7RZucker2019-12-23 13:49

    Looks like it has a bunch of Wabco 333 scrapers to keep it company. I see at least one twin engine machine.

  8. #8Blocker in MS2020-01-25 15:26

    http://www.machinerytrader.com/ListingsDetail/Detail.aspx?lp=MAT&OHID=30210419 Not that odd, but definitely rare these days.

  9. #9Willie B2020-01-27 19:03

    At the first picture I'd have said "damn! I don't have one of those!" Turns out I don't have any of those! I don't think I'm organized enough to find old pictures. I've been in awe of a collection owned by Danne Moore, owner of Barker farm in Cavendish VT. He has stuff I didn't know about until I saw it. He hosts a show mid September. The item I'm most obsessed with is an Oliver loader. Four wheel drive, the only hydraulics is the loader. It doesn't steer easily. Loader bucket is symmetrical. It doesn't matter which direction it moves. The bucket of gravel passes over the operator's head to dump on the other end.

  10. #10Tinkerer2020-01-27 20:02

    For sale not far from me.

  11. #11Blocker in MS2020-01-27 20:57

    Hey Willie! I would sure like to see a picture of the Oliver! I have never even heard of a rubber tired overshot loader of any sort.

  12. #12RZucker2020-01-27 21:06

    Back in the 70's the local irrigation district had an Eimco crawler with the overshot bucket and an Eimco front control dozer. I think both were military surplus and the loader looked a bit sketchy to me having a bucket of rock passing over you head.

  13. #13Blocker in MS2020-01-27 21:22

    Eimco was pretty heavily involved with underground mining were they not? I wonder if that had anything to do with them producing an overshot.

  14. #14Willie B2020-01-27 21:27

    Danne once explained to me the four wheel drive was something buyers were very intrigued with, but the early 4 x 4 were not so maneuverable. This was to load trucks without steering much. It only had to move 10 feet at a time.

  15. #15Junkyard2020-01-27 21:36

    That’s a pipeline rig, PTO generator to run welders and air compressors. Crane to handle the pipe clamps etc. Used to haul a Cat challenger setup like that.