Can anybody tell me about this machine? I found it one night while googling for Koehrings. It came up on the UNBC website and all I could find on it is that the pictures were from '72-75, may have been taken my Bill Theesen, and that it was at work for Northwoods. I was wondering if anybody here knew about it. I have been researching the old Koehring Waterous Wheeled machines from this era and thought that I knew all of them. Guess I was wrong...
Very odd. I wonder what the v thing is on the back?
This Machine would be an early version of a Self-Loading Buncher/Forwarder ...... The "V thing" is a Log Bunk .... jr ..... why don't you either contact Northwood Lumber co. or try looking them up on the net ..... the company is still very active in the Forest Industry, re-Forestration, Pulp&Paper ect. ...... I believe they have an Archieve Museum ...... next time I talk to my father-inlaw i'll ask him, he still lives in Prince George and he retired from Northwood 10yrs ago
Isn't there a thread about this, Koehrings in the Woods?
The archives at UNBC have pic,or is that where you got those? http://search.nbca.unbc.ca/woods-division-mechanical-falling-koehring-feller-buncher-8;rad edit: there are actually a whole whack of cool pics in this link
I'll try to get ahold of somone at Northwoods and see what we can see.
The company was called Northwood and it was bought by Canfor years ago. Sometime in the 90's if i remember correctly. The mills and logging operations still operate, just under the Canfor banner. I suggest you contact the PG forestry Museum. http://pgrfm.bc.ca/ I think Northwood had a large part in putting that together. BTW, if you are ever near PG, it is well worth the trip.