Engine didn't come with dip stick or tube. I want to run engine but how much oil does it take
Why is the dipstick and tube missing? There are spots on both sides, did you check thoroughly? Or is it ripped out somehow? Hopefully Cummins can supply you the right ones. Call them with the engine serial number and generator serial number. If you need it right now, devising some measuring stick and running 1/2'" to 1" below the oil pan split line ought to get you started until you can get a proper dipstick arranged.
Really not sure why it is missing but it is. I tried taking one out of another engine but the pans are different. I can use the dip stick and tube but just need to make new marks on stick but need oil capacity for engine
Not sure if anyone has manual but engine was out of a Onan 60dgcb.
Why not do what Birken suggested.? Take the stick you have and set the Max mark on it 1/2" below the cylinder block/oil pan joint & the Min mark 1" below. Then slowly fill the pan until the oil level reaches the Max mark and measure how much oil you poured in. Simples. According to this spec sheet the oil capacity (does not define if it is the complete lubrication system inc filter or just the oil pan) is 11.5 Qt. https://csdieselgenerators.com/Images/Generators/2215/Cummins-DGCB-spec-sheet.pdf
Thanks for info. Now I need to find a starter I'm using a 12 volt starter 13 tooth but it's a 24 volt system. I'm having no luck finding a 24 volt 13 tooth starter. Engine was also missing starter. It's same stater as Dodge truck but I need 24 volt.
What is your generator serial number? Should be on the rating sticker and start with a single letter followed by 2 digits of the year it was made followed by a bunch of numbers all run together.
Try 191-2103 or 391-6854 for the starter, not 100% sure about those, though.