Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil Capacity L10 Cummins

moonshine454 ยท 2010-04-09 19:11

Hi! I have a '94 T400 KW with an L10 Cummins and need to know the oil capacity. If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1grandpa2010-04-09 19:17

    They hold 5 gallons even if they dont have a lubrifiner system on them

  2. #2moonshine4542010-04-09 19:20

    I poured about 8 in it and it still isn't to the full mark.

  3. #3grandpa2010-04-09 19:21

    wow.....got a hole in the bottom....bah ha ha:beatsme

  4. #4grandpa2010-04-09 19:24

    I have 5 L10's and they all hold the same, you must have a super duper sump on that one!

  5. #5moonshine4542010-04-09 19:38

    Nope no hole, but the stick could be off some. The dipstick tube broke awhile back and I fixed it with a piece of hose. It was at full when it broke. I was able to get it to about a 1/4 inch of the right length. So I took a reading at that point and made a new mark. I filled it that mark ( where it was when I drained it) then warmed it up. Let it sit about 30 min. and checked again it was about 1/4 inch lower than that point. I haven't had to add much since the fix and I drained about 8 gallons from it so hopefully it is alright. What do you think? I haven't seemed to have any problems before. I haven't drove it since I changed it, so I guess we will see.

  6. #6Muffler Bearing2010-04-09 23:50

    Some is Good, More is Better, Too Much is Just Right!......oh, no, wait....that only goes for horsepower.

  7. #7Willis Bushogin2010-04-10 13:27

    L10 Im not familar with the L10, but I would go with the guys that have a L10. You might have a bigger sump, but I doubt it. I have a 3306 and a 3176 and they both hold 8 gals with a filter. I did have a Cummins Big cam, I think it was 8-9 gals also I have always been told that if you put to much oil in the engine, that its bad for it Maybe someone with a L10 can give you the size of their oil pan and you can compare it to yours Good Luck