Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oil case 580ck

ricousky19 ยท 2014-04-18 15:36

hello i'm french , sorry my english is bad i have a big problem, I was wrong by my drain, I drained the wrong plug. Can someone tell me what oil goes into the cap right and the left? and must be completed above or below the line on the dipstick. thank you

Replies4
  1. #1melben2014-04-18 21:51

    The left plug takes Case TCH or Hytran. Either will be ok. If they are not readily available to you via a Case dealer an automatic trans fluid will be ok. Hytran is a bit heavier weight than TCH but the Case interchanges are good with Hytan Ultra. (HTU). The right plug takes a 90 weight gear lube. Greetings from North Central Pennsylvania, USA. You are with a great and very knowledgable bunch on here. Mel.

  2. #2ricousky192014-04-19 02:37

    thank you very much ! I thought I was wrong, so hydraulic oil left the same as the hydraulic cylinders, and right transmission oil. on two gauges there is a notch, it indicates the minimum or maximum?

  3. #3ricousky192014-04-19 02:43

    I'll hi the center of France, zip code 19100

  4. #4melben2014-04-20 15:38

    The notches indicate maximum oil level. The front box should be checked immediately after shutdown before the converter drains back if it is a torque converter tractor and will check a couple inches overfull if checked in the morning before start up, this is normal. Mel