Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil distributor trucks …..UGH!!

Vetech63 · 2020-09-09 07:49

I hate these dam things. You cant get within 10' of one without the mess getting all over you, but life goes on! A Mauldin MPS3500, 3 spray bar nozzles wont fire on the main curbside bar. This is the solenoid box for the right left side spray bar.... which is working as it should.... I open up the problem side Curbside) to find...... HOLY S&*^!!!!! YIKES!!!!! The entire box is full of tack oil and is like molasses in Siberia. I have troubleshot the electrical back to ...... Well, my electrical schematic doesn't have the pin out details for these. Mauldin got that to me late yesterday.. ...stay tuned!!!

Replies13
  1. #1DMiller2020-09-09 08:58

    Nothing like a little Bunker Road Oil for a BAD Day!!

  2. #2DMiller2020-09-09 18:10

    Figure out which one is cooked

  3. #3Vetech632020-09-10 06:12

    That center DVC41 at pin 11 isnt giving me a drive signal. It is flashing an open circuit/grounded circuit blink code with the wiring unhooked. Looks like a circuit inside it has possibly failed. I asked a Mauldin tech support guy for the pin out detail for these DVC's and he told me that was in the software LOL..YEAH NO ****!!! How in the hell do you wire a machine without knowing where the input and output signals are going??? I swear some of these guys are dumbbb.

  4. #4DMiller2020-09-10 07:04

    At least Numb Skulled.

  5. #5Vetech632020-09-18 17:12

    So this is what I am currently looking for. Of course it was obsoleted in 2017 so I haven't had any luck so far...... I have a failed output at #11. I have been told that these are NOT repairable by Mauldin. What I do know is that the older CAT MD5075 track drills used a system like this and I believe the DVC41 was part of that. I am awaiting a electrical schematic on this track drill to see if I am right. If any of you CAT guys know about these in past machines then I am ALL ears. Im trying to locate 1 to purchase and have the software added to correct this machine problem.

  6. #6Truck Shop2020-09-19 21:36

    Be glad your not working on a Blue Tree GPS monitoring system, What you have above is way more info than I have for Blue Tree. I'm on the phone sometimes up to two hours talking to some IT guy in India to trouble shoot.

  7. #7Birken Vogt2020-09-19 22:28

    I may know somebody who knows somebody who owns or works at that company. Drive right by it to work every day. Maybe I could rattle some cages for you? edit: it looks like they sold out about two years ago. I'll ask my friend who should know. Moved out of California it seems, what a surprise.

  8. #8Vetech632020-09-22 09:25

    Yeah that's what I am finding also. Turns out that Cat drill used the 10, 20, and the 50.............no 41's. Looks like I have finally found something that Ebay or Amazon don't have. I'm still looking of course, but its not looking good.

  9. #9DMiller2020-09-22 13:32

    Time to Update machine?

  10. #10Vetech632020-09-22 16:25

    You would think so but Mauldin hasn’t even been able to give me a cost for that.

  11. #11DMiller2020-09-22 18:49

    Gonna be HIGH!!

  12. #12Truck Shop2020-09-23 17:27

    Have you tried Etsy or Wayfair? If Wayfair has it then you will have to have your wife video your Wayfair dance step routine.

  13. #13wade stegal2021-01-20 18:50

    we went to etnyres in 1999. my auto car lasted 20 years. i took delivery of 2 new ones this year we do mostly chip N seal.