Hey folks, need some advice. Running a deere 200c lc with just under 9k hrs. Starts up fine, but after 30min of runtime and medium duty digging the oil pressure warning light/beeper comes on. When I shut it down and wait few min, light is off again. Oil level was good, changed oil and filter after problem occured, but light stil comes on. Any ideas? Dealer is 1.5hr away and I dont have truck and trailer to haul around.
I’d be installing a manual gauge to see if it’s truly getting low or there’s a sensor on the fritz. From the results of that I’d determine my next move.
Is there an extra plug for connecting the gauge or does it go where the sensor is? Where is it located? Its a 6.8l 6cyl. deere engine
I am not intimately familiar with that engine but I’d imagine there’s a spot somewhere near the oil filter or current sensor you can remove a plug and screw in a manual gauge. Worse case you can tee into where the sensor is so you can run and observe pressure as you work. I’d bet it won’t run with sensor removed as the ecm will think it has no oil pressure. Install the gauge with enough hose you can watch while you work to see if the manual gauge mimicks the pressure the electronic gauge is showing.
Just had the exact same issue with my 270 at 12,000 hours. After teeing off on the turbo feed line it ran with 75psi on the gauge but after a few minutes the warning light and buzzer started going off again but the psi stayed the same. Phoned my dealer and they had three new sensors sitting on the shelf from years ago. Haven't had a chance to install it yet but we kept using the Deere for another four days no issues. Getting that stupid sensor off stopped us from changing it in the field.
Update on issue: Ordered pressure test kit, couldn't wait and bought new sensor ($180 CDN), replaced it and so far issue didn't return, had it running for few hours without problems.