Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oils for swing gear

w2bstoned ยท 2009-03-31 20:32

I don't have a service manuel, I was wondering what type of oil you guys recommend for the swing gear and planetaries? Its a Cat e70 Thanks

Replies17
  1. #1td25c2009-03-31 20:35

    I use 90 wieght oil in my excavater finals & swing box.

  2. #2ddigger2009-03-31 22:01

    The manual for my 330l CAT excavator,calls for 50wt.

  3. #3finaldrive2009-04-01 00:58

    The manufacturer of the planetaries (final drives) recommed 80W-90 gear oil, same goes for the swing gearbox.

  4. #4NWH2009-04-01 08:10

    The operators manual for a E70B calls for 50wt.

  5. #5bigbob2009-04-01 14:22

    I have a 94 307 and a 04 311CU. Change this oil yearly and use the Cat TDTO oil, weight dependant on temps.

  6. #6w2bstoned2009-04-01 18:53

    So gear oil 50 wt or motor oil 50wt? Thanks

  7. #7NWH2009-04-01 19:28

    Gear oil

  8. #8larry pederson2009-04-16 20:38

    does any body know a cheap place to by a rubber track for a pc75uu2 komatso

  9. #9freedom digger2009-04-17 19:21

    specs on my 311 are sae30(-4to+77) sae40(+14to+104) sae50(+32to+122) degrees F.This is for both swing and finals.

  10. #10The Big Dig2009-04-18 06:51

    I agree with gear oil. :drinkup

  11. #11cderekbower2009-04-21 04:51

    Good to point out the temperature dependence. Thanks.

  12. #12LJMXUK2009-05-08 17:36

    I am using EP90 in my Slew gearbox on my Hitachi EX60URG. Is this correct?

  13. #13surfer-joe2009-05-08 22:05

    Per Caterpillar, one should use 85W140 GO (Gear Oil) oil for mini-excavators in both the swing gearbox and the finals. You don't have to buy it from Cat however, any number of companies produce a Cat spec oil that works just fine and is probably cheaper. You can go to Cat's website and find their list of equipment and lube specifications here: http://www.cat.com/cda/files/1134980/7/F&F Application Guide PEWJ0074-02.pdf

  14. #14jeboyd1292009-05-09 12:08

    80w90 or maybe 85w140

  15. #15gasfield315c2009-05-09 12:39

    company i work for uses 50wt. in all our hoes finals and swing box

  16. #16idler2009-05-10 21:11

    In Georgia we used 50w for the swing and the finals per cat specs, you are in canada and who knows what type oil gear oil you will used.

  17. #1770 eliminator2025-04-17 15:29

    for a extended life 50w you can ger road ranger 50w for semi transmissions its synthetic and super long life. many use 7590 or 75w140 i use full synthetic for max interval after the gears break in with conventional oil .