http://www.thehawkeye.com/viewImage/Backhoe-120611-jpg Here's the whole article. http://www.thehawkeye.com/story/Backhoe-120611
:tongIf they gave it to me, I could put up with a lot
no problem if they gave it to me, tell them to ship it on over . i know one thing you would get alot of work because everyone would rember the guy with the pink backhoe
i would my mother is a survivor
If they gave it to me, I'd hire HEOgirl and make HER operate it!
I'd rather be inside it, operating, than outside, looking at it...
i would be honored to run it. i started shaving my head at 19 in support of a family member with cancer. i am soon to be 37 and still bald.
Me too. I have a loved one that is battling breast cancer now, operating a pink backhoe is nothing...
20yrs ago a pink hoe would have made people question your sexual preferances........ today pink being recognized worldwide with the cancer awareness - it makes you a hero. Funny how times change.
i remenber read a article years ago about some constrution company in calforina had painted all there equipment pink to keep it from geting stoled backed in the 50s and they still do today
Oh is that the reason for the baldness? That's not just an excuse? :roll But back to the thread, I'd operate that, around here there's a pink garbage truck, a pink redi-mix truck, some companies have pink pickups. For the last two years and it looks like now until she's dead or just immobile I help my wife raise the money for her to walk in breast cancer support walks. It's amazing the amount of support and knowledge that has been spread about cancer in just the last few years, and I can't see it getting any less. Remember until a cure is found. 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
beating cancer, and finding a cure I'd operate it, look at it, and the best thing about it is that there supporting the cancer survivors, and the ones trying to beat it, with out it I don't what they'd do. Glad that machine is a case, wouldn't want anything else.
I would run it with pride,and a smile!
I would be an honor to run it, and own it for that matter, pink is now becoming a standard for cancer in the heavy equipment industry, some tile companies are making tile in pink and stringing trailers in pink, seen a few excavators in pink as well, to me the color isn't the issue or how shiny it is, but what it resembles and stands for, there are plenty of cancer survivors in my own family along with those that didn't survive. Again it would be an honor to operate it and I take my hat off to anyone who either does or owns a piece of equipment thats painted pink, its no longer a statement of anything sexual but a statement for a disease thats killing thousands every year and needs to have a permanent cure found for, not only just breast cancer but all cancers worldwide and if it takes something painted pink to help do it, then they can paint every piece of equipment ever made pink in my opinion.
Any link to the company with the Pink equipment? I think thats cool.
My mother being a survivor and everything she went through, running a pink backhoe would be no problem. Now running a CASE backhoe would be problem!! Paint a Deere I'll take it.
I agree with everyone who posted. Would be an honor. :usa
happens quite abit down here.very good cause http://www.primemovermag.com.au/images/uploads/primemover/featured/pink-star-1.jpg http://activepaper.smedia.com.au/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TMC/2008/11/01/18/Img/Pc0180200.jpg