Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old 60’s IHPayloader Diesel question..

BillHoughH30G · 2020-02-27 12:56

I was told that my tractor needs a high pressure electric fuel pump not a 4-7 psi but in range of 40+ psi...that older non carburetated diesel turbo engines need high psi for injector??

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-02-27 13:40

    What injection pump is on it?? That RoosaMaster?? What r the pump #’s..?? It really doesn’t matter, 1 type runs gravity(1-3psi) & the other runs 5.5psi at full load.. & I forgot about the single cyl. pumps that run about 8-10.. What does your IH pump rebuild book say??

  2. #2BillHoughH30G2020-02-27 13:55

    Book says see specs Rosa master dbgfc637-44aj

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-02-27 14:31

    Yep.. 1-3 psi The info ur getting is probably for a Bosch In-line pump.. I’m sure they put different engines in these things, didn’t they?? Supply pressure is dependent on the engine & the fuel system..

  4. #4BillHoughH30G2020-02-27 17:21

    I picked up a basic mr. Gasket diesel fuel electric fuel pump so hopefully this works. Thank you

  5. #5thepumpguysc2020-02-27 17:49

    U better find out how much a “basic” mr gasket pump puts out.. On 1 hand it could seize the pump & on another it could blow the seals out on the drive shaft & fill the crank case full of fuel.. & yet on another hand it “might” be the correct pressure..(1-3 psi)

  6. #6BillHoughH30G2020-02-27 18:37

    Would the psi lower if it went through a fuel water filter before injector?