Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Allis Chalmers

Bobesmo · 2022-06-10 18:54

I am trying to find info on this Allis Chalmers. It’s been buried in blackberries a couple of decades. I have no info/knowledge on this, it was left on the property when I acquired it. Probably going to end up scraping it,but would like to know more about it. Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1Rob Gunn2022-06-13 08:58

    I would assume there is a tag on it that would give model number and serial number. With that info you could then do a serial number search and find out what year it is. Its a shame that it i=was left out all these years and going to go to scrap. I know that there are a number of collectors out there that would maybe willing to pay the scape price just to try and save it. BUT finding THAT GUY would be a challenge.

  2. #2Bobesmo2022-06-13 11:56

    Thanks for the reply Ron. I haven’t been able to find a tag on it yet. I will look some more. I’ve considered trying to revive it but I’m currently working on a mid 70’s Case 1740 UniLoader. Also would be a challenge to drag into my shop. If there is anyone in north west Oregon area interested in this let me know. I would like to see it saved!

  3. #3skyking12022-06-13 22:50

    It's way cool, but I am able to resist it. It helps not having a dually truck and a tandem dual axle trailer with a winch.

  4. #4Dave Neubert2022-06-14 19:05

    Looks about like a HD6 looks to have a buda diesel

  5. #5TomA2022-06-15 10:26

    I think it is an M.

  6. #6Dave Neubert2022-06-15 16:02

    You may be right never saw a cable control like that

  7. #7catman132022-06-16 07:30

    im interested, how far from Hillsboro is it, do have a way push it enough to tell it will roll