I found this machine less than 2 miles from my farm. The sprocket chains that drive the tracks were supposed to be with it. We can't find them. I am looking for any information I can find. Can anyone here tell me what size chains this calls for or at least where I can look for more information? The internet has not been very helpful so far. All it has to do is live long enough to dig a pond. Anything else would be a bonus.
Measure between the pockets on the sprockets to get an idea of the chain pitch. I wouldn't think the chain would skip a tooth. Drive sprockets and driven sprocket should have a similar measurement. The driven sprocket looks in really good shape. Once you know the pitch you can get heavy duty chain with thicker side plates. For length you could probably wrap a string around the sprockets to get an idea. You might find a manual online that tells you the length and pitch, etc.
Thank you for the response. Difficulty with finding a manual or any information is why I posted here. I love older equipment, and usually, information is available, but this machine has been more challenging.
For the chains try A.C.R Crane Parts and Equipment in Cleveland OH 216 531 8000 Dave helped me alot with my Insley, hopefully he's still there
Figuring out the chain size should be pretty easy. I wish I had such simple things to figure out.
Last time I drove by there it looked pretty locked up....Call and report back here please.
I have the same machine out in my gravel pit. I also had to change the drive chains about 20 years ago. I will go out in the morning and get the numbers off the chains.
140H chain. I measured 13’-6” of chain per side.
Cranenetwork.com has a TK 450 parts manual that covers a good portion of everything on that machine minus the track carrier and excavator boom.
I would look for a bearing house that supplies power transmission products. They would stock 140 roller chain .It comes in 10 ft lengths so be sure to get some master links as well. Bantam was good about using off the shelf parts where they could.
I knew this was the right place to ask. I don't come here often, but when I do, you guys are always helpful. Thank You.