Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Cat #12

Brandt ยท 2011-06-27 20:22

A neighbor is going to scrap his old Cat #12 knuckle buster. I'm guessing it is 1950's era. Naturally asperated engine runs but pony motor does not. It has to be pull started. How much does one of these weigh?? The S/N is 8T-941. I am looking at taking the scarfire off for my grader, and the pony motor magneto is spoken for. Is there any other parts on here that are worth $$$? I'm guessing the engine is worth something as well as the table/blade. The differential looks huge and I doubt they are a high failure item. I'd like to offer him scrap price and then part it out.

Replies2
  1. #1grandpa2011-06-27 20:27

    If you can get it for scrap price's I'd go for it, the 8t's were the most popular of all the old cat graders. One almost wore me out..lol.

  2. #2buggyman2011-06-27 22:19

    Hey Brandt That old 8t weights about 27,000 lbs. I have one myself that I still use. It is a GREAT machine; mine was built in 1953. If you need some help, just let me know. Good luck, Paul Kingsbury The buggyman