My buddy has an old Cat track loader for sale and wanted some info on it, year model # and what its worth, it runs and works.
Hi tonka, that is either a 933f, or it quite possibly be a old d-4 with a loader kit. I am leaning towards the d-4 only because of the single grousers. Real hot stuff with the blade mounted on it, we were just talking about that on here.:beatsme
He also has a bucket for it, i think its a d4 too. I saw one on here but the loader attachment is different.
I agree, I think it's a D-4. You had to climb over the hydraulic cylinders to get into the seat of a 933. Tonka where is it located and how much are they asking?
It's in KY its in pretty good shape, with some new parts...he wants $6000 for it. I don't know if that worth that kind of money or not...
old cat track loader What you have is a 1950's Cat D-4 wide track crawler, series 7U with a "Trackson" loader. Cat did not make a loader back then, so they built the machine and shipped them to one of about 4 different companies who installed their loader system on the machine. I owned one up until this last winter when I sold it (after 14 years). The $6000.00 price is at the very top of the scale for this machine. They are fun to run, but all the levers keep you very busy.
Old cat I wonder if the ROPS will hold on an overturn.
I'd hate to find out...
The "ROPS" is really only there to protect the operator from falling debris and tree branches. If you have ever pushed up trees and brush, you can understand why it is a good thing. I had the same type of structure on mine and it saved my bacon a couple of times. If it rolls? Not a good thing.
Aren't you describing a FOPS (falling object protection structure)? As old as the one in the photo is, it may not really be much of anything. I ordered a FOPS for my Bobcat A300, which also gave me a single point of lift, which means theoretically that our track loader can put the 300 on a trailer
hi guys i'm a new member so i cant start a new thread. I just bought a 955k i think cuz 1 side says 955k the other side says 955L. the qustion i got is were to find the serial number and where to find a service and repair manual?
The Cat model designation for the loader tractor for the first picture is an HT4. Older versions had the cable driven lift with the trip type bucket, labeled a T4 (Trackson) . Not sure whose loader would be on the second picture, but they aren't the same. I have a friend with an ex-military T4 and it has both a loader bucket and a blade attchment. Lots of fun to see around all that mechanism! You might also want to ask the guys on these Cat forums... http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/ACME/Portal.asp http://www.acmocbb.org/ACMOC_BB/ Hope this helps, Alan
One place I worked still has a machine exactly like that and the tag said 955. The machine was a 1955 or 56 model as I recall and a 12A serial number. The reason it sticks with me is cause it was the first machine they ever bought brand new until the early 1980s. My old serial number book shows the first year for a 955 track loader was 1956. The serial number would reveal the origins of your machine.
The first machine is definately a ht4 traxcavator, I can't find a difference between it and mine. Its probably a 1954-56 model, it looks like it is awesome shape for its age, what is the hour meter reading it should be on the drivers side of the motor towards the front with a small flap to protect the glass on it . I'll give you 5000 for it !
Where do you find the serial number?
there is one on infront of the seat and one on the side of the engine
Are you talking to me? I will see if its still for sale...i will pm you more info on the owners #...later.
Where can I find the filters for the tranny on a 955k cuz when the cat is cold every thing works good but when it get warmed up after like 10mins of working it.it stops moving but the arms and bucket still works good just the tracks don't move. Any help or tip
It is older than mine and mine is a '61
what you have on your bobcat is "Fall Out Protection" and as far as the $worth of the OP.....what does it weigh? Pj
lol it was sold about 2 months ago...for $5000
Sorry for the 2nd posting but,.... When i first started i had a old 955H and it had a transmission "screen" that caused a few trans problems and after a cleaning in some gasoline she was good to go.....if i remember right i had to pull the seat out of the old girl?? Pj
lol, i just re-read my post. i didnt mean it to sound harsh. i was just curious what it weighed lol. Pj Edit: BTW.....I really need to start looking at dates of threads before I post lol
LOL its all good PJ:drinkup
I am not trying to spam this forum-I am new here-You guys are the only place I can find where people know about my crawler/Loader. I have a Cat D4/Trackson HT4. I am trying to sell it(Getting out of the Farming business). It is complete/running/operates great-one of the best I have seen on the web~ Email me-I have pictures See post here->