Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Cats in England (1974)

Nick Drew ยท 2007-02-24 16:41

These old Cat shots were taken by myself when I was a boy and I used to acompany my late Father to work at the weekends, I used to do a few shifts on the D9G on the tip when the regular operator was still drunk in his caravan!! after a heavy Friday night at the bar!! I was around 12 - 13 yrs old in those days, Todays PC Health & Safety brigade would have had heart failure, but in my opinion it made me the operator I am today.

Replies6
  1. #1Nick Drew2007-02-24 16:49

    More 1970's Photos More old kit from the same job

  2. #2farm_boy2007-02-24 17:27

    is this what's referred to as the good old days ??:bouncegri Great old school pic's:beerchug

  3. #3Nick Drew2007-02-24 17:39

    Hi Farmboy, Yes I guess that is what you would call the "Good old days" !! ointhead Not so good if you were operating them 12 hrs a day though !!:Banghead I often think that when I am sat in my aircon, heated seat, stereoCD player equipped cab these days.

  4. #4Wulf2007-02-24 17:41

    Nice pics Nic. What road job are they taken on... do you recall? Y'all know what a caravan is don'tya guys?

  5. #5Nick Drew2007-02-24 17:49

    Hi Wulf, Yeh sure the road job was the M27 South Coast Motorway which runs from my original hometown city of Southampton to Portsmouth in the South of England. Do I take it you guys have a differebt name for a "caravan"?

  6. #6Jeff D.2007-02-24 19:14

    :waving I know, I know!! It's a Dodge minivan..................no?? How about a C-76 military airplane??:beatsme Great pics Nick!!:thumbsup