Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old crane/yard art project Bucyrus-Erie

skyking1 ยท 2020-11-21 16:27

22b https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/hvo/d/forest-grove-bucyrus-erie-crane/7233520643.html I don't know the rules about this sort of thing, not mine and I don't know them. Just not a thing you see every day on CL.

Replies9
  1. #1skyking12020-11-22 11:03

    I want it, but don't know how I'd move it or what I would do with it. Old iron has a pull just sitting there.

  2. #2Hank R2020-11-22 11:15

    If it arrived at my place I would be living in it or some where worse.

  3. #3skyking12020-11-22 11:47

    Me too, argh!

  4. #4Tugger22020-11-22 22:30

    Hey Hank dont forget about my 22B luckily it was saved by Merv and lives on today. Every year it goes out ,does a job and turns some heads. Id say that one still has a chance. HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5skyking12020-11-22 22:34

    That's beautiful Dredge and bring it to shore on your barge and take it off the deck with a hoe. The only thing better would be back her to the shore and unload thyself, little friction rig

  6. #6Tugger22020-11-22 22:41

    That was a 500 yd. job at a creek mouth in a marina last year. We spooned it out 30 yds. a trip. An efficient combination of the old and the new.

  7. #7skyking12020-11-22 23:07

    I couldn't like it enough. Here is another, newer little rig. https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/hvo/d/seattle-koehring-crawler-crane-305/7233833963.html

  8. #8Natman2020-11-23 08:39

    For years I used to see an old lattice boom crawler rig similar to the first, abandoned on the side of a mountain road about 40 miles from my place. What really made it super cool was that the original steel boom was gone, replaced with a very skillfully designed trussed LOG boom. It had sunk into the ground quite a ways, and was on a fairly steep grade, it would have been a major project salvaging it, so I didn't. Sometime over the last 2 or 3 years, it has vanished, probably scrapped by the Forest Service or BLM.

  9. #9mitch5042020-11-23 13:09

    I wish you had gotten pics of that wooden boom.