Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Dozer

FarmerDave ยท 2007-12-23 14:52

My grandpa found this Komatsu and when we needed parts near there I went with him (it was a snowday) so I took the camera. The guy in the pic is my grandpa, I couldent get in because he ant run a ditgital. Its a D85E, hope you like the pics!

Replies14
  1. #1bobcat ron2007-12-23 17:33

    Looks like an early 1980's model.

  2. #2rino14942007-12-23 20:10

    I thought you said "old"

  3. #3RollOver Pete2007-12-23 21:19

    R U talking bout the tractor or the guy standing in front of it?

  4. #4surfer-joe2007-12-23 21:21

    Looks mighty cold to me!

  5. #5DPete2007-12-25 12:43

    Man, I hate it when newer equipment than mine shows up on Old Iron.

  6. #6Deas Plant2007-12-25 19:20

    Old????? THIS is OLD!!!!!!!!!! Hi, FarmerDave. Nice photos and thanks for sharing but Komatsu don't have any OLD machinery about the place. They haven't been making machines for long enough. Here are some OLD machines. May I suggest that you look at the last photo of the old wheeled steam tractor and consider the quantum leap in engineering design needed to get from there to Holt's first track-type tractors. Happy holidays.

  7. #7Steve Frazier2007-12-26 00:01

    It's interesting how the farmers wore suits in the field in that period!

  8. #8Deas Plant2007-12-26 00:13

    Farmers in suits. Hi, Steve. Season's greeting to you, Mate. I suspect that there was maybe a little more 'status' to being a farmer then too.

  9. #9TALLRICK2007-12-26 21:16

    Considering the time and expense necessary to take a photograph, they all put on their sunday best. My great grandfather told me a story about the photograph they had taken of a canal project. Although everyone had worked hard, they cleaned up and put on their sunday best for the photograph. That would never happen today.

  10. #10DPete2008-01-01 10:53

    Here's a link to the Yuba Ball tractor for you historians. It ran on ball bearings instead of rollers, NFG but still a part of crawler history. If you click the pictures link on page there are some good pics of old restored iron http://www.stltikn.com/Pictures/Yuba/yuba.html

  11. #11bobcat ron2008-01-01 10:55

    No offense or nothing, but what a useless P.O.S back in those days!!

  12. #12DPete2008-01-01 11:53

    Everything has evolved Ron, making mistakes is part of it

  13. #13bobcat ron2008-01-01 13:15

    Cletrac had something similar to that set up, but with rollers.

  14. #14Deas Plant2008-01-04 20:24

    Cletrac Vs Yuba. Hi, Bobcat Ron. If you are referring to the 'string-of-pearls' system, that came out with Cletrac's very first offering, the Cletrac Model F, and, to the best of my knowledge, they never used it again on any other model, 'cos they found it had 'BUGS'. Here are some photos of the little jigger. I understand that this was also the smallest model that Cletrac ever made. Here is a link to all things Cletrac: http://cletrac.org/