Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old dozer New owner

Paydozer ยท 2014-06-28 03:02

I have recently brought an International BTD 6 dozer - serial # 12163. The dozer is in overall very good condition and as time permits I have been going over and checking and adjusting where necessary,changing oils and applying a bit of grease. Now the question. The old owner handed over some parts and a adapter to grease the track rollers. What is the best grease for track rollers? Should I be using grease in the rollers or a heavy gear oil? If I use grease how much per roller?

Replies2
  1. #1g_man2014-06-28 19:03

    If you are not familiar with the Red Power Magazine Forum - Construction Equipipment section you should check it out. There are a lot of friendly guys on there that are really knowledgable about those old IH dozers. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9 FWIW my Dresser TD7G takes 12 oz of SAE 30 in each track roller.

  2. #2Paydozer2014-06-28 23:02

    Thaanks g_man Thanks will give it a try