Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

old excavator

alexis.marcil ยท 2011-05-27 17:35

I'm going tuesday to look at these two machine... anything special you can notice? http://www.mascus.ca/Construction/Used-Crawler-excavators/Hitachi-UH081/3d856687.html http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7712659& thanks Alexis

Replies7
  1. #1dayexco2011-05-27 19:39

    yeah, both at least 5k overpriced...you gonna take one of them, take the deere. easy to fix, no electronics..parts everywhere.

  2. #2alexis.marcil2011-05-27 20:45

    the economy is not as bad here as in the states... there are NO excavator of any size in passable working conditions for less than 10 grand...

  3. #3cutting edge2011-05-27 20:51

    I'd take a pass on both of those machines and dedicate a few more bucks towards finding a clean 690ELC or EX200-2 or 3 ....but if I had to take one of those,I'd take the hitachi....useable parts for a 690A are getting harder and harder to find

  4. #4ILLICEMAN2011-05-27 21:11

    I agree. If you will pay up a little and keep the machine up in 5 yrs you will hold your money.

  5. #5cutting edge2011-05-27 21:22

    I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

  6. #6aongheas.macask2011-05-28 11:44

    The trackchains on the Hitachi look to be quite worn, the idlers are well out of the frames, also they have been fitted back to front

  7. #7alexis.marcil2011-05-28 17:32

    can you tell me what are the consequences of that? thanks