Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old FWD snowblower

mowingman ยท 2023-02-10 20:21

I drive by this old truck nearly every day. It has been in this location for a couple of years. Thought I would get some photos before it is gone. It is an old FWD truck with a Snowgo blower on it. I believe it came from the old Ohio University airport, in Athens ohio. Jeff

Replies5
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-02-10 21:19

    Airport here must have had the sister to that one.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2023-02-10 22:00

    I've always been a fan of FWD. Many times a rig like this would have a gas engine in the chassis and a diesel powering the blower. FWD bought cabs from International Harvester and Dodge. I ran a 60 something plow truck that had an IH six cylinder gas engine in it and later a 70s something with a 6V53, that one had a cab made by a company that made cabs for construction equipment. It was sad to see them go out of business.

  3. #3mowingman2023-02-10 22:06

    I would really like to look inside the truck, and look at both engines. However, it is on private property and I have never seen anyone around the truck. So, I kind of think I had better not do too much close inspection. However, if I ever see anybody around the truck, I am going to stop and ask about looking around a little closer. Jeff

  4. #4Bumpsteer2023-02-11 21:04

    Ours was an Oskosh with the Sno-go. Ed

  5. #5Tugger22023-02-12 14:36

    My 325TC P&H back in the day had an FWD carrier . An big International 6 cyl under the hood.It was a nice carrier