So we fixed the steering gearbox shaft on the front, but had to cut the steering wheel shaft originally to get it all apart. The hyd cylinder had to also be prepared. We got it all replaced, the wheels were straight, so we installed the vertical steering shaft and placed in center of the worm gear. We then started it, and turned the steering wheel to get the hyd cylinder to be at the right length to connect (mechanical steering rod still cut). We then welded the steering rod back together. And it does steer, but I think I am out of sync with the manual steering and the hyd assist. Now it will steer by barley moving the steer wheel, and it will keep going until you recenter the wheel. It used to take big turns to the steering wheel and it would slowly turn. Did I get the hyd part of the steering wheel valve timed incorrectly? Anyone know much on these old graders? This one also has a facuet style valve just below the steering wheel, I think it’s a flow control for all the hyd functions, but I am not sure. thanks
No replies yet.