Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Gehl 4510 New Quick Attach

4510 ยท 2015-12-29 08:56

Welded up the new quick attach yesterday. Should expand my capabilities. I have not seen any old Gehl's with new style quick attach, so I figured I would share. Pay no mind to the messy garage!

Replies7
  1. #1Skidloadertech2016-01-02 12:51

    I have seen a few of this age machine with universal all-tach . HLA attachments here in Ontario builds a universal all-tach that they have specs to build for a lot of older and new ones as well . You likely saved yourself some money fitting your own .

  2. #2Steve Frazier2016-01-02 21:21

    Nice job! It will make that machine real handy!

  3. #3dkmc2016-01-03 02:26

    I am thinking of doing similar with a 342 Mustang. Can I ask, what did that Quick Tach plate cost you and where did you get it?

  4. #4Jeepwalker2016-01-03 16:01

    I don't get why the plate needs to be so large where it attaches to the loader. Is there a reason for the rear part of the quick attach to be so large? Could it be cut down?

  5. #545102016-01-06 09:00

    I got the titan quick attach adapter for $350 or so from ebay. The adapter does stick downwards too far. I am currently getting my torch setup going to snip the bottom off. I assume that because this is universal some machines would need the lower part. I have been running it this way with no issues so far in the snow, I foresee issues in the dirt with it dragging. The way it is built, you can cut off the bottom without sacrificing strength.

  6. #6Jeepwalker2016-01-06 09:16

    Sounds like a good move to snip it off at the bottom. Price was right on the adapter. You're going to like it for other attachments..

  7. #7DDoug2016-01-06 09:44

    If your read up on SAEJ2513 (the universal quick attach spec) it doesn't give any relation to the ground, and in building the thrash-a-matics, I found that the dimensions vary from machine to machine. Hence make it long, user trims to suit.