I'm finally retired and got some time to post old work pics. Heres a few.4600s3,4100s2 and the service truck I used to have.
Nice pics ! That's a the largest clamshell bucket I have ever seen. U offloading coal! Enjoy retirement.
Loading petroleum coke for export-usually about 25,000 to 28,000 ton
Nice pics!
I have more pics but I don't know if you guys care to just look at pictures. Need some feedback.
Hell ya!! That's the biggest reason I come to the sight is to see cool pics of big steel opcorn
You show me your's and I might find some to show you!
Demag 12600, Miller Park, Wisc.(Circa 2000) This is before the name change to mammoet
Wow, that's a whopper!, thanks for posting. Lee
Sorry scanner down for a couple days. More pics!! First a brand new 4100 owned by Hertz. Rented by the Vogt & Conant Co.(1978) Notice paint not even burnt off muffler yet. 4100 (1972)s/n41111 Owned by Bethlehem Erection. Picture taken 1980 2250 s/n 2251041 (1998) 2250's s/n225141 & 2251047
Stay tuned for LR13000 pictures from the test pad at the factory from a couple years ago.
Keep the pics coming!!
You want old pictures? I'll show you some old equipment! This shovel is at a quarry where I did lots of work over the years. Back in the early 1970's Some of the old guys who worked there said they recalled this being moved out to where it sits today. The story was that to make it's last move they powered it off an air compressor as the boiler was not in condition to be fired. If anyone wants to read a story about it there is a link to a page that includes the application for consideration as a National Historic Place. http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/publications/sample_nominations/MarionSteamShovel.pdf
Nice pics, keep them coming please, on Facebook is a page called "Manitowoc crane enthusiasts", lots of Mani stuff. Kshansen, where is that shovel at?
Leroy New York, west of Rochester. As a side note I actually found out where the little steam locomotive that used to sit next to this shovel. Check out this link: http://www.cnynrhs.org/locos.html Look at the third picture down "Narrow Gauge (36") 0-4-0T #3" Was glad to know it was not cut up for scrap. When I found the picture of the shovel and the little steam engine was not in the picture I expected the worse. I guess I'll have to run up to Central Square when the weather gets better this spring to say hello to the old girl. Will be a nice motorcycle ride.
I've been through Leroy, I guess I'll have to go back, thanks. Sorry for the high jack, carry-on.
Liebherr LR13000 at factory test pad, prior to Mammoet paint job an shipping to U.S. Machine needed to be tested and certified for B.P. with p-boom and luffer. 132m main boom+78m luffer= 210m/688' total. 1600te counterweight on tray. It picked 224te/246 ust at a radius of 118.5m/388.6'. 130% of the load chart!!
LR13000 pictures #2 Floating the tray 1600te. Licon monitors Crane chart utilization Load cells measuring stress on crane Tray utilization
I too apologize for hijacking this thread. Just one more interruption. I found the old shovel on Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.992465,-77.9381709,81m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
street view of crane Check out this image of it https://www.google.com/maps?ll=42.9...anoid=cTFUY2SWSm4jV1HYZhcncg&cbp=12,2.26,,0,0
It always amazes me the size of these machines and the things they can do. The technological advancements are just amazing. Thanks for the pics!
The LR13000 took 175 trucks to get it from the port of Indiana in Portage to BP in Whiting,In. Aprox 15mi. It took about six weeks to build crane,things happen pretty slow in BP, safety to the nth degree! Picture of machine@ BP
So I guess I should not hire it to set trusses on the extension to garage at home?
Curious. On the LR13000 are the keyed switches on the lower right corner of the monitors the over ride key for the safeties or just to keep the computer parameters from being accidently changed. Or? Thanks,
LR13000 = WOW!!! Thank you kat09 for the pictures otherwise I would have never known a beast like that existed.
First, All liebherrs i've ever been around all share the same licon monitors.They build them and use them on everything. Notice on the pics w/the keypads they have icons of outriggers and another one of a telescopic boom, most of the buttons on the keypads do nothing on a crawler-MOST of them. The key in place on the main capacity monitor probably allows you to exceed the capacity of the crane a bit. If you will notice on the screens that show the crane being overloaded during the test there is a little red wrench icon.There is another key probably on the right dash that turns on that icon, it basicaly puts the crane in rigging mode and completely bypasses EVERYTHING. A good feature on liebherrs is when the crane is over loaded or keyed a red light comes on outside the cab for all to see. European standard I believe. I never got on the 13000 but I ran a LR1400 for mammoet for three years with a ballast wagon, it had the same monitors,for the most part the same icons,the same engineers built it. I saw a video of the factory machine shop and automated lines-they had the same licon monitors mounted on their factory equipment. I pushed the wrong button on one of the monitors in the LR1400 and the sceen went black!! 15 min.to get it back!! The round white button W/the dot is for dimming the screen. I didn't know which one I had pushed, the manual wasn't a lot of help, and when I finally figured it out I still wasn't impressed with how it worked-over engineered! Liebherrs are the the top of the line though in the crane world.
great pics
Found some Catskill N Y rail road cars and a Bucyrus Erie crane car ,it was around Ellenville NY, when I was out on my bike.
Lr1400/2 Been on vacation last 3 wks.,no p.c. Time for more pics. LR1400 I was on for couple years.