Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Leiibherr 901 excavator Servo hydraulic problem

Fixing-it ยท 2011-03-21 07:56

Hi Just wondering if anyone out there can give some advice.I have used this machine for over 10 yrs and it has been great. Last year it developed a problem with the servo hydraulics,all functions work but very slow response. Checked the usual simple stuff filter,pump and pressures.Gave up and called Leibherr engineer in. He thought he found a sticking spool valve corrected it but still said servo pressure was low.He could not cure the problem and said it could be the pump or something else.I replaced the pump but no improvement.I think the age of the machine meant that the Leibherr technician did not seem to have the diagnostic experience on older type machines to detect the fault. I want to have one last go at restoring the machine to its former glory. Have any old timers experienced this problem on old Leibherrs? Any suggestions welcome.

Replies0

No replies yet.