Thanks for the Lull 844 manual and parts info! I have opened the rear right hub and discovered one of the planetary gear pins was bent enough to periodically bind and stop the machine. This was left from the previous owners replacement of the gear itself. I've ordered a new pin and needle bearings. My question is: How do I get fifty needle bearings to stay put while reassembling? Is a little grease okay in there? also: The machine starts and runs nicely but many leaks in hydraulic cylinders (most), some more than others. The fluid leaking is milky and must have some water in it, the tank breather is dented in a way that could let water in. Will the water cause leaks? Will it be better with new fluid? Does "hydraulic leak fix additive" work? Does anyone have an opinion of Formula 8? (video of product: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AHDwqhXrc ) Thanks
Sounds like the condition of my machine when I bought it! My two cents: Drain the milky fluid immediately, clean out the hydraulic reservoir, throw on a new hydraulic filter, pour in new fluid and park it under a roof from now on. I think those breathers are only about $20 so it would be a good idea to change that also. Then start the process of repacking all your cylinders. Do it yourself - the repacking kits are cheap. I would not use any of those additives in my hydraulic oil. Don't continue to run it with the milky fluid - the water in the oil cuts the "vanes" in the hydraulic pump (I've been told) - when the hydraulic pump goes bad, you'll really be looking at a hefty repair bill.
Nothing like experience Great advice and thanks for your postings in general, very informative. Once the hub is back together and sealed I'll drain the hydraulics and pull the worst offending cylinder.
Joe, Do you or anyone know about how much hyd. fluid the 844 needs? Should I use some grease to hold the needle bearings in place on the planetary gear during assembly? Thx
I don't know if I'm way late on this post but you want to use #46 hydrolic fluid in the 844 lull
844tt-34 manuals does anyone still have parts and or service manuals for an old 844tt-34? I'm in bad need of a parts manual and they are not listed online anymore I assume because of the age of the machine.
I think I can help you with the service manual. PM me an email address and I'll send it over the wire.
I can see this is an old thread. Does anyone have a manual for the 844tt-34. I recently purchased one and can’t find a manual anywhere.
Nathaniel, Go to the following google page. There are several Lull manuals there for free download. See if any of those manuals cover your 844. Here is the link: https://sites.google.com/site/deerebrown/david-brown-info-ii/other-free-pdf-manuals
Another old post.. New to the Lull lifestyle.. I also have a Lull 844TT34. I'm in need of all the manuals.. Sorry to rehash this older thread but the need is there.. Joestewart, I did look at the link you posted and it does not have the manual needed.. I'm hoping the direct manual for the TT34 will have the information I'm looking for. My machine is serial number DO992TN. I reached out to JLG and they looked it up and sent me the build tag. Very cool.. The machine was supposed to be shipped to Sweden.. All the gauges and such are in metric and all the levers are in German. It has a Cat hydraulic QD, enclosed cab and Deutz F5L912 engine.
So I guess you have already checked the JLG website and your manual is not there? Sorry, but the only manual I have is the one I have referenced above. I sent you the link. Good luck in finding what you need! Thanks
Hi thanks Joe for the swift reply.. The person at JLG sent me a link to what was supposed to be the closest parts manual.. I've down loaded it and there is some information but not at thorough as I had hoped.