Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Poclain Excavator

Nick Drew · 2007-05-19 12:02

Hi All, I am not sure how popular the French range of excavators "Poclain" were in the US or if you even had them over there?? But here are some shots of an old Poclain TY45 that I recently discovered on a farm in Cornwall England, Quite a strange looking machine with its Triangular base with two small wheels at the front for steering. These machines were first introduced in the year of my birth 1961!! This particular model is an early 70's version. I have recently completed an article about this machine for a British plant magazine that I do a bit for called Classic Plant & Machinery. So guys any Poclain photos to share??

Replies283
  1. #1garyhh442007-05-19 12:31

    very good Thanks for the photos.:usa

  2. #2Nick Drew2007-05-19 12:48

    A few more photos....

  3. #3Steve Frazier2007-05-19 17:06

    Poclain was imported here, I've been on a few jobs where I've seen them. The operators seemed to think they were pretty good machines.

  4. #4Nick Drew2007-05-19 17:20

    Ah I see that's interesting would be nice to see if anyone has any photos from the States. I once operated a Poclain 60 cutting V-ditches back in the 80's as you say it was a good machine. Sadly they are no more after being gobbled up by the mighty Case organization in 1987. Here is a picture of a TY45 that has been restored in the town of Crepy in France and is on permanant display near to where the old factory used to be. Photos courtesy of Peter Happel

  5. #5Steve Frazier2007-05-19 18:09

    I should add the ones I've seen were traditional track style units, not like the ones pictured here.

  6. #6surfer-joe2007-05-19 20:54

    When I worked for a equipment dealer in south Florida back in the early seventies, they were the largest seller of Poclain excavators in the world for a while. For one thing, Poclain was one of the very few excavators that would dig coral rock without it being ripped or shot. This was on account of the high hydraulic pressures the machines had. The 120 crawler was our big seller. Deutz engines, large & powerful swing and tram motors, but the swing gear assembly was the machines weakest point. The boom and stick were weak as well if you steadily dug in the coral. We also had a few models out on rubber tires, a real rarity for the day. We had the only factory trained mechanic between Cuba and New Jersey. Our engine man could rebuild Deutz engines in his sleep and probably did, he looked like the face in the old Hastings's filter ads. Nice machines, but Poclain never did put an effective marketing or dealer organization together in North America and they went away. I've never seen one west of the big muddy.

  7. #7Truckie2007-05-20 06:30

    Very interesting machine. I never saw anything like this before. Thanks for the pics. When I first saw the ca b it reminded me of a Case and even a Lebher. Don’t know why, but that thought just popped in to my mind.

  8. #8bigblueox2007-06-01 09:05

    Poclain 160 Hi i was searching around for Poclain info and i found your post. I am getting a Poclain 160 hoe in a few hours. My boss purchased it from a dealer who specalizes in old pocalin part as well as case excavator parts too. this is web site. Does any one have any more pics? i will post some soon!

  9. #9bigblueox2007-06-01 09:09

    opps here is the guys link http://www.rapidmachineryinc.com/

  10. #10Ross2007-06-01 12:01

    Nice pics. Funniest looking rubber duck ive ever seen Ross

  11. #11Ford LT-90002007-06-01 13:30

    There were a few around here along with Drott another brand Case bought up. The Drott Cruizair was a common excavator on rubber tires there were a few old crawler machines with screaming jimmy power.

  12. #12Nick Drew2007-06-01 15:56

    OK continuing with the old Poclain photos, Here are some shots of a 220 backhoe that I saw for sale recently at a plant sales yard here in the West Country of England. It was sold to a guy who already has a Poclain 90 and a 61.

  13. #13Nick Drew2007-06-01 16:02

    And also some Poclains for spares or repair!! These old machines are lying in what can only be described as a machine graveyard in Somerset England.

  14. #14Nick Drew2007-06-01 16:18

    More "Dead or Alive" Poclains!!

  15. #15d4c24a2007-06-01 17:21

    poclains hi nick nice pictures, that yard would it be sedgemoor plant by any chance i have some workshop manuals somewhere for old poclains the old yard here in hook has just been demoed by two volvos and two hitachi,s

  16. #16jhill2007-06-01 18:45

    I am helping build a campground on an old gravelpit. At the back of the property is some old machinery. One piece is a big old Case excavator. It is tagged as Made by Poclain. It has a big old Jimmy diesel in it. Its a big machine.

  17. #17Countryboy2007-06-01 21:21

    Welcome to HEF bigblueox! :drinkup

  18. #18wrenchbender2007-06-01 22:11

    Welcome to HEF bigblueox, and thanks for the link

  19. #19Nick Drew2007-06-02 12:56

    Yes D4c, I think that yard is called Sedgemoor Plant run by a bit of a strange chap who contacted me after one of my letters was published in CP&M, he seemed to be a bit secretive and said if I published any of the photos in CP&M he didn't want to be named??? He had a load of old machines up there which were quite interesting to see. So you live up near Hook then? I have been up to the old Case/CRMS yard many times in the past, as I was born & lived most of my life in Southampton and we used to whizz up there for spares. Cheers Nick

  20. #20d4c24a2007-06-02 14:21

    ha ha oh yes hes a bit strange i brought my d4c from him about three years ago that yard certainly is a sight to be seen,when we loaded my d4 it was onto a flatbed he lifted it with this old crane ,the hoist did not work he could only boom in/out i must say a bit frightening i soon backed under as soon as it was high enough

  21. #21Nick Drew2007-06-02 14:42

    Re Ha ha Yes I am amazed that the local council allow him to carry on trading in that location seemed like a really nice village and then you come across that eyesore!! Not very PC in this day & age. Heres some more pics of other old kit from my visit.

  22. #22Steve Frazier2007-06-02 19:00

    Eyesore??? There used to be a similar yard near me where a major contractor in the area stored his retired equipment, it was located next to a hospital. I remember when I was a kid driving by and seeing all that equipment sitting there with weeds growing through it. The word eyesore never crossed my mind, I thought I had found heaven!!!

  23. #23bigblueox2007-06-02 22:43

    hey thanks guys. i can't believe that i have never found this board before now! here are some pics of the machine i got today.

  24. #24Dickie2007-06-03 01:02

    That's a unique boom design. First one I've ever seen like that. Is it a "brand trademark" of sorts?

  25. #25Nick Drew2007-06-03 04:52

    Great pics BigBlueBox!! They look a little compressed though?? Dickie, Poclain being a very innovative company always offered a vast range of different shaped booms and front end equipment, being French they always seemed to have different designs to everyone else?? I have got an info sheet showing all the different combinations somewhere...I will try to locate it:Banghead

  26. #26RonG2007-06-03 06:30

    I wonder why the house is so high above the tracks,it looks like an old Case with the tilting table.It must be fun to get in and out of,us old guys think of those things.Ron G

  27. #27bigblueox2007-06-03 15:39

    yeah the pics are a bit compressed i had a little trouble uploading them. I finally got to run the machine yesterday! ( a whole 36 hours since delivery!!) It does sit up a bit high and the controls are a bit awkward but for such an old machine it preforms really well. No vices as of yet. I was mucking out the bottom of an old cow pond and ended up digging alot of rock. It seemed to dig really hard until i examined the spoil a little closer. once we got into the clay soil it dosen't hesitate. I still need practice with the controls though they just seem odd.

  28. #28Nick Drew2007-06-03 15:49

    Thats Great!! look after her and keep her going, Sure would be nice to see some more pics of the 160 at work ????

  29. #29bigblueox2007-06-07 21:50

    todays work I was working on my massive fencing project today and had to take down some trees that were a threat to the newly constructed fence. Naturally i was jumping up and down at the opprutunity to play with our not so new hoe. It got a little slippery when i went across the creek but i filled in the ruts with some fill from the pond i've been mucking out. The machine ran well even though i sometimes forget that it weighs 60,000 lbs, i remembered today when i got in to soft stuff! At the end of the day got another section of fence put up and i even cleaned the tracks off really good.

  30. #30bigblueox2007-06-07 21:55

    more work pics Here are some of the other machines we've been using to build fence with. I couldn't imagine trying to build fence without the toolcat. And the dog is my supervisor " ruffy" he's a farm/hevy equipment poodle.

  31. #31AJ.2007-07-06 21:32

    Poclain Pictures Hi all I'm new here but been around a little bit,been working on Poclains from the early days,Case buried them like they did David Brown and it hard to keep up with who owns who anymore, I am going to have a go at posting some pictures. Enjoy AJ

  32. #32AJ.2007-07-06 21:40

    More More pictures AJ

  33. #33AJ.2007-07-06 21:45

    More More AJ

  34. #34AJ.2007-07-06 21:48

    Last lot The last lot AJ

  35. #35d4c24a2007-07-07 01:20

    hello good to see you here aj they are some great pictures i managed to salvage some old manuals and two big case poclain flags from the hook depot when it was demolished cheers graham

  36. #36Wulf2007-07-07 02:04

    AJ, Great pics! but hold on old boy that looks like an olde English Aveling Barford 50 tonner you cut off in the first post

  37. #37Countryboy2007-07-07 17:29

    Welcome to HEF AJ.! :drinkup

  38. #38AJ.2007-07-07 19:15

    Poclain 350CK Model Thanks for the welcome guys, below is some pictures of a fully functional remote control working model of a Poclain 350CK. Enjoy AJ

  39. #39AJ.2007-07-07 19:18

    More Last lot AJ

  40. #40Nick Drew2007-07-08 06:01

    Ah yes AJ, That fantastic working model was built and owned by Peter Happel from Germany, I have had some contact with Peter by email and he has sent me some wonderful shots of his model, but I do not like to post them without his permission, I will ask him if it is ok!! The model is a real credit to him isn't it!! Nick.

  41. #41Lashlander2007-07-08 15:07

    Wow! How much does that weigh. It looks pretty heavy to handle that bucket like it does. Cool pics!:thumbsup

  42. #42Wulf2007-07-08 17:17

    Fantastic replica (that aint no model is it!) In the one shot, the operator is smoking a cigarette, in an enclosed space Those Europeans are soooo danged irresponsible aren't they!

  43. #43Andre2008-01-29 19:51

    Hi there, I found this posting about Peter and his amazing Poclain in 1:5 scale. In 2006 I did an interview with him where he demonstrates the machine. The video is in german and can be found here . Best Regards, Andre

  44. #44bobcat ron2008-01-30 13:10

    That little digger has to weigh at least half a ton.

  45. #45Rockbreaker2008-01-30 14:40

    In the video he says 600kg so that is close Ron:notworthy Is my memory bad or was there a model 1200 of the poclain made?

  46. #46Rockbreaker2008-02-09 15:54

    Weel it seem i have a bad memory.....:Banghead Found some pics to share anyway

  47. #47coyote2008-02-26 02:57

    any idea were to get owners manuals, workshop manuals for old poclains

  48. #48d4c24a2008-02-26 10:40

    manuals what model poclain manuals are you looking for ??

  49. #49coyote2008-02-26 17:39

    Gday d4c24a I have a 1985 75pb, its the wheeled one. Thanks

  50. #50jhill2008-02-26 18:14

    Do a web search. I used Dogpile and found several sources for Poclain manuals including Model 75 Jerry

  51. #51Countryboy2008-02-26 21:27

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums coyote! :drinkup

  52. #52bigblueox2008-02-26 22:45

    you might try your case dealer. i have an 85 150 and the manual is a case manual for the equivalent case painted machine. or look up rapidmachinery on google and talk to bernie

  53. #53coyote2008-02-27 00:31

    Thanks for that guys giving my local case dealer a go and sent a email to Bernie now just have to x the fingers i guess

  54. #54Gavin Phillips2008-04-12 12:45

    In response to a question, there was no 1200 Poclain machine, the 1000 was the largest they ever got; and was the largest hydraulic excavator in the world for a short period until Germany-based manufacturers started entering the field (O&K, Demag etc). I found this post somewhat by accident as I was looking for identification features of the smaller Poclain machines (75, 85 and 90) in a somewhat vain hope of getting a model number of this machine which I happened to find today working at a scrapyard in Newcastle up here in the north-east of England: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/balacau/Misc stuff/misc/Poclainscraphandler.jpg There is another yard located on the bank of the river Tyne which also has a Poclain 85 scraphandler, very similarly outfitted to the unidentified machine above; standard mount cab with the long dipper and 5-tine grab. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/balacau/Misc stuff/misc/quayside076.jpg If anyone could ID the top picture for me I'd really appreciate it!

  55. #55CabbageThe12008-05-28 13:10

    At the dump where I live they have an old Poclain. I will have to get some pics and post them, I have no clue what model it is but it's big. I think that it is a 200 or a 220 next time that I am up there I will get some pics and post them.

  56. #56insleyboy2008-06-28 23:00

    We had an old Hc300 poclain. It was (at the time) the largest excavator I had ever seen. Had 2 hammer plates welded at the factory on the stick and boom so they would not hammer the 2 together and blow the cylinders on top of the boom apart. So many pedals and options for pedals in the cab the first time I looked inside I wanted to pretend I knew what the heck I was looking at!. It turned out not to be a bad machine. Problem was someone had let all the hyd. leaks get too low and one of the main pumps cavitated and was never the same. We used to put ATF in the tank, cause It would hold viscosity longer than 10 weight thus giving us a little more time till the next complete change of oil. It was A Huge and Heavy machine for it's time....My friend sold it at Silverdome auction in Pontiac auction around 1995 for 10 grand...

  57. #57Iron Horse2008-07-12 00:26

    This is an old Poclain i bought to use around my farm , i have since sold it . It was a 26 and a 1/2 ton machine , It was a 125B . In the photo , i was placing a boulder around a pond on the property .

  58. #58cat 3852008-07-12 16:27

    i used to run a 160,very short tracked ,and took a special blue hyd.oil so every time it had a leak if case did'nt have a drum it would sit for a week waiting to get oil from france,i remember it would run hot.so you would have to open the doors up it looked like it had wings,we would call it the (fying none) also had a switch to lock the tracks so it would not free roll when digging,which was fine untill something happend and you always had to hunt for the switch before you could move.

  59. #59Iron Horse2008-07-12 18:58

    It run a radial piston hydraulic pump and had an incredible oil pressure . The Deutz 6 cylinder engine ran fore and aft with the pump at the back . It had been sitting in the bush for years with a crook pump . I bought it for scrap price and found a pump for a $1000 . Checked the filters and drained all the components to make sure it was not full of metal and fired it up . It ran like a clock and i drove it straight up on the low loader and took it home .

  60. #60Bellboy2008-07-13 02:31

    To be honest, those first few pics, someone may have thought that that was a real innovation, but today it is just mubi lelik. Ugly. I'm sorry.

  61. #61paulrochester2008-11-09 08:56

    The picture is of a 1988 Poclain 85 CKB fitted with rehanding equipment , I was the engineer who looked after this equipment from new , I worked for the selling dealer the north east U.K A Poclain 85 was the top half of a 75 fitted with a 90 under structure to improve ground area when used on this application with long boom and stick /grab . the 75 had a 5 cylinder engine F5L912 , the 90 had a 6cylinder engine fitted F6L912.

  62. #62paulrochester2008-11-09 09:07

    Manuals /info Contact me I have the full range of Poclain excavator manuals , they did not make a worksop manual for each model however they did do a mechanics hand book with all the info in it , but if you were not a Poclain engineer they could be hard work, if you have a problem with any part of your equipment , tell me what it is and I may be able to help you as I was Poclain engineer from 1985 untill 2000. I have a understanding of the full range including 60 - 1000 c 61/81 , 88 range . powersensor and the later Sumitomo type Cx range .

  63. #63Gavin Phillips2008-11-09 09:49

    Thanks alot for the information. I was honestly surprised to see a Poclain still at work on a regular jobsite, especially these days the older machines just get replaced very quickly by machines which are in turn replaced very soon afterwards! :beatsme I cannot remember ever seeing a wheeled Poclain excavator however...

  64. #64Dominion 4102008-11-09 20:27

    Poclain Sure remember those machines.We had three RC-200's,one HC-300 and a 220.Have some pics and will try to post them.They were decent machines for their era,and could do the work.We used Shell Tellus 32 in the winter and 68 in the summer for hydraulic oil.I operated the 200's mainly on sewer/watermain work and some bulk excavation jobs.Good visibilty,reach and balance imo.The short tracks were not much of a problem if you took the time to level up the work area.Sometime had to kick a little dirt under the front of the tracks and walk up on it to help if the machine rocked.Installed an extra hydraulic oil cooler on one of the 200's that was equipped with a NPK H-14X breaker,plus many other "in house" modifications.This helped with keeping the machine at a much lower operating temperature especially in the summer months.Others included exhaust sytem and isolating the engine from the machine frame as they were solid mounted from the factory(steel on steel).

  65. #65paulrochester2008-11-10 08:36

    Yes the wheeled model went from the 60p up to the 125p thats what the "p" Pneumatic was for . there was loads of them in the north east .

  66. #66Taylortractornu2008-11-12 22:22

    Nick I pick up a Classic Plant and Machinery book every month at the tractor store, usually the only reason I make the 25 mile trip there is that book. I have some older pictures of a TY45 that had a variable geometry boom with a hydraulic side shift like a modern compact. It was amazing for its day. I also enjoyed the MRS articles. I have a friend that introduced me to one of the founders of MRS scrapers and tractors. I also live about 95 miles from ther new site of the Ace of Spades in Akerman MS. We are planning a trip down there in a few weeks.

  67. #67Iron Horse2008-11-13 01:06

    I had a hot hydraulic oil shower when my old girl split the header tank on the oil cooler while i had the window open . I did'nt know there were so many swear words in my vocabulary .

  68. #68Dom2008-11-14 07:44

    I assume this company is the same that makes Poclain hydraulic motors? If so, their components are tough!

  69. #69juglad2008-11-23 09:26

    Hi, I have recently aquired a poclain 60 13 tonne tracked machine and could do with as much information as possible especially any owner/workshop or mechanic manuals. She is working well with a few hydraulic drips but I would like to keep her running and improve her condition. I see you say you may have some manuals etc. Please contact me asap.

  70. #70vilagravilius2008-12-01 05:11

    Poclain 61 Hi, all. I have this Poclain 61 wheeled excavator. I need some spare parts for it, used maybe as the new ones aren't availible. Can anyone help me with this ?

  71. #71bigblueox2008-12-01 22:13

    read the earlier pages of this thread. A man named bernie from rapid machinery should be able to help you out. he keeps me going!

  72. #72vilagravilius2008-12-02 06:29

    Poclain 61 Mr. Bernie couldn't help me, he has only Poclain 60. Can someoneelse have Poclain 61 for spares, or maybe new spares somewhere? I need two of hydraulic pump couplings. CASE p/n W7646232 & A6546260 and CASE cannot supply these. Please help

  73. #73lazygit2009-01-14 13:57

    :BangheadHi there I`m new to this, I have what I believe to be a Poclain 60/61 tracked digger. It will not slew properly. I would like to obtain a workshop manual to check out the hydraulic circuits etc. I live in Cambridgeshire,hope you may be able to help thanks Lazygit.

  74. #74Amazon-Poclain2009-02-02 13:41

    Mc 100 hi everyone, i have a mc100 for the 76, i am loking for the hidraulic diagrams presure and return diagrams, i will post a picture soon, i am in the middle of the jungle in the amazon area:drinkup

  75. #75Amazon-Poclain2009-02-03 00:34

    mc 100 is good to know some one have books of these special machine, i have a old copy of a spare parts book for the mc100 , is in very bad conditions, i hope you can help me with the hidraulic diagram (presure and return lines) i rely dont know what year is my machine, the only rference is a date in the small pump under the pl pump, 76 thanks for your time:notworthy

  76. #76juglad2009-02-09 07:47

    Hi Paul, I am still after information or a manual for a poclain 60. please reply to [email protected] if you can help. Regards - Rob

  77. #77RED-3552009-02-11 15:20

    old beast Hi guys, im thinking of buy this old beast. i believe its a SC150.im not sure if it is the K model however. I dont know much about it at all really so i relying on some helpful people on this site to help out!!! i have a farm so id love one of these. i dont want to spend a whole lot on the purchase price, but over time i dont mind throwing $1000 here and there, just as long as its not heaps. the owner says that the 'beast' runs like a dream and will dig to china. BUT..........the track motors play up, im assuming thats the final drives????? he said once the oil gets hot one drive goes slow and moving from place to place is difficult as it wants to go around in a circle. i think it has an air cooler Deutz motor in it???, which have a great reputation. now does anyone know what brand of track motors/final drives this thing would have in it?? ,so i can see if i can get them fixed!!! also any tips on removing them?? also where can i buy a manual or get some information on it!!!

  78. #78RED-3552009-02-14 01:27

    poclain paint code does anyone have the orange colur paint code for a poclain??

  79. #79Amazon-Poclain2009-02-15 14:41

    mc100 i think i have the same machine you show in the pic, my is a mc100 , i have the same problem when the oil is geting hot, it goes to one side, i change the viscocity for the oil, but ones geting hot start doing again, and the wether ofcourse, my place is hot all the year, try to go to poclainHidraulics, they show the pumps and the motors . Can you take a picture of the hidraulic pipes and hose and valves, that will help me alot to compare, the last owner chance almost all the pipes for hose for my machine. Thanks

  80. #80RED-3552009-02-15 15:45

    ok i will but your machine is a mc100 which means it only has one ram for the boom next to the cabin, whereas the one im looking at has two!!!! id like to seee the pumps etc, but i have no idea what model they are as i dont have any information on the machine!!!!

  81. #81Amazon-Poclain2009-02-15 16:29

    the ram you refer is is a small selector at the side of the seat? Thanks for the pictures, i will waiting for it, i try to post pic but i cant, maybe i need a site to upload the pics . leprechaon @ hot mail . com , by mail is more easy to sent pics thanks again

  82. #82Amazon-Poclain2009-02-17 00:46
  83. #83RED-3552009-02-19 05:17

    how bad is bad? Photobucket here is the track chain, very poor i know, how much life is left and what do you think the price put on some s/h ones?? is it ok to put on tracks that are almost buggered?? where do you draw the line ??? also any ideas how to get the photo to automatically come up???

  84. #84diggerdan12009-03-14 09:31

    This machine is called a TY45. No idea what the "T" stands for The "Y" designates 3 point stability (rigid axles rear and single wheel front), the "45" designates approx horsepower. Was a pOCLAINfactory rep for 22 years. No one was ever able to explain the firt letter "T" or any of the others they used G,H, L, R.

  85. #85diggerdan12009-03-14 09:36

    Diggerdan This is a TY45. Approx 45 HP. Case bought Poclain in 1977. They ruined the company because of lack of sincerity, knowledge, lack of marketing savvy, poor support. Typical Big American buy, as Case was owned by Tenneco. I know, I was with them for 22 years, starting with Poclain in 1969

  86. #86diggerdan12009-03-14 09:40

    digger Anyone looking for old Poclain parts and service manuals, go to Ebay. I sold all my manuals to a guy in Massachusetes. They are reasonably priced and in very good condition.

  87. #87diggerdan12009-03-14 09:47

    diggerdan SC150 No one has ever been able to explain the first letter "S" (I was factory rep for Poclain for 22 years), "C" designates crawler, 150 designates approx HP. If it has "K" (SCK) it would indicate a "Quarry Bottom", heavier more beefy. The Motors were made by Poclain Hyd. a Good supplier for used parts is rapid construction machinery in Virginia. Very reliable although they did leak a little. These were not built to be obsolete, but to last forever (the machine that is)

  88. #88diggerdan12009-03-14 09:50

    digger If this machine has a detroit in it (8V71) it would be a model HC300. They made two versions. HC300 and HC300L. Only diff was the bottom was longer on the L. Leakers but very powerful 118,000 lb machine. 2 5/8 cy bucket.

  89. #89diggerdan12009-03-14 09:56

    di They made three different versions of the MC100. The original had a VonRoll variable flow pump, they modified most of these in U.S. to a fixed displacment pump and and modulation valve system. I know, I modified a bunch of these. Ebay has a guy in Massachusettes that is selling books, I sold him all mine and they are in very good condition. I believe it is Johnson's books. They were basically built in the early 70's. Good source for parts is rapid construction equipment, fredricksberg virginia

  90. #90diggerdan12009-03-14 09:59

    diggerdan Contact your local Case Dealer. The orange version was made by Case in the U.S. That is if the machine was two tone Orange and Brown (yellowish and Brown)

  91. #91diggerdan12009-03-14 10:09

    Diggerdan I was Poclain Factory Rep for 22 years. Beginning 1969 Till 1991. I have some relief valves for older Poclain, HC300, GC120, LC80. Pump valve removal tools for the same models (note: you will not be able to remove the pump valves without these tools). Misc O Rings. If you need anything, please let me know.

  92. #92Dominion 4102009-03-14 16:05

    Poclain HC-300 My father and uncles owned a HC-300 in the late 70's/early 80's.I remember a serviceman from Blackwood-Hodge working on the main hydraulic pump.The tool he used had three prongs on the end and he was changing some tapered seats in either the pump or main control valve-I can't exactly remember as it was in about 1981.That machine had a Deutz F12L-413 engine for power.It was one poweful machine,especially with those twin stick cylinders.It would have kept up to a Cat 245 of the same vintage imo.It would be interesting to see what machine today would touch it on a staight lift.It set eight foot diameter concrete pipe on one job-a Cat 235 from another company would budge one off the ground.Will post some RC-200 pics shortly.The T in TY probably is probably short for the French word "trois" meaning three. Dominion

  93. #93RED-3552009-03-14 16:59

    thanks for all the info guys!! can u help me out here!! im thinking of buying an old poclain. it tracks to one side but. so what i was thinking, was swapping the hydralic lines from the right hand side to the LHS to eliminate if it is the final drive or hyraulic motor on that side!!! what do you think??

  94. #94insleyboy2009-03-14 21:27

    Was A very powerfull macine for it's time, as Dominion 410 said! I could not believe the things we could do with the HC300 back then. We set manhole sections at depths and distances from the machine I as a laborer at the time, did not think was possible. Our company replaced that machine with a 3500 Insley, then a 330 Cat, but it all comes back to the power of the Poclain for sure!!!

  95. #95alexrigg2009-03-16 01:24

    I have bought an old poclain GCK 120. I have fixed a bunch of leaks, a big crack accross the top of the boom and a problem with the swing system. I now have a problem with the drive system that may be related to the swing system problem I had earlier. I have signed up to this forum to see if I could get the opinion of someone with more "poclain" experience. The drive problem is there is very little power to climb slopes. It is as if the system is in high range. or that one side motor communicates with the other - they both want to go in the same direction when only one lever is operated. And when the swing is operated the drive does not work at all. This poclain has a detroit 4-71 engine and there is a high range system that appears to apply to the swing as well. I am looking for any info or perspectives I can get.

  96. #96alexrigg2009-03-16 20:23

    Further on my original post - I am looking for a hydraulic diagram for my exact model or a GC 120. I have one for a 115 but it is different. Can anyone tell me where to get the diagram I seek?

  97. #97poclain holland2009-03-31 15:47

    I think your turning joint is leaking insite, if you operate one lever, both travelmotors will drive. I have a small gc120 diagram and pressures for you, I can scan it for you and put it on the email if you give your email adress I have a lot of info about poclain, GCK machines were equiped with deutz 6cil. 514 engines in europe.

  98. #98poclain holland2009-03-31 16:02

    Also look on www.poclain.be for a lot of poclains

  99. #99Amazon-Poclain2009-04-01 00:59

    going to one side yep, or probably is the viscocity of the oil, look for temp. i have a mc100 , everytime the oil is hot, this machine goes crazy, i said sit down , and she goes forward or laid down..... crazy machine. do you have mc 100 poclain diagrams and hidraulic diagrams? that will be great, leprechaon @ hot mail . com thanks

  100. #100Amazon-Poclain2009-04-01 01:49

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=es&geocode=&q=lago+agrio&sll=0.108533,-76.870222&sspn=0.02017,0.027466&ie=UTF8&ll=0.072532,-76.890607&spn=0.002521,0.005472&t=h&z=18

  101. #101insleyboy2009-04-02 22:18

    Love that website Poclain Holland! Much to see in the development from what looks like the 50's till modern day.

  102. #102poclain holland2009-04-03 10:03

    Oke thanks, if you visit updates and poclain pics from John van der Zee you can see a lot of poclain photo's from my collection and the TC45 I restored some years ago. there are also by some friends in holland, Belgium, France, Germany a lot of working old poclain in running condition Generation Deux is a club from the factory personel from poclain, you can also visit this site at www.poclain.be for the poclain history I am also a member of Gene.deux in France, so if necessary I can get all factory info from poclain I need. John.

  103. #103Buckethead2009-04-03 20:32

    Poclain circa 1978 I don't know what model #. Can anybody identify it?

  104. #104poclain holland2009-04-04 08:14

    This is an LC80 poclain, these were fery fine machines to operate the first came in 1967, with an 6 cil. air cooled Alsthom (Agrom) engine, we called this engine a imitation deutz. later equiped with a 6 cil. deutz 912 Where is this machine working?

  105. #105Buckethead2009-04-04 12:15

    Thank you! :notworthy Holland I don't know where the machine is now, unfortunately. I believe the pic was taken in New Jersey, USA in 1978, and the machine was rented from or on demonstration from the Poclain dealer.

  106. #106Dominion 4102009-04-04 20:38

    Poclain RC-200 pics.This machine was purchased new in 1972,sold in 1990.My dad and uncles had three of these machines at on time.The first project this machine worked on was a trunk sewer installation forty feet deep.Two twenty foot bench's with trench box .These machines completed many sewer/watermain jobs and were decent in their day.They seemed to have better balance even though the track frames were short compared to today's rigs.I operated them many times-smooth and strong for their size.

  107. #107RED-3552009-05-18 06:48

    i still cant find a workshop manual for a sc150!!! i managed to a operator manual from melbourne ,Australia, any ideas????

  108. #108RED-3552009-05-24 00:10

    the old beast! :bash it looks a little hammered dont you think!!

  109. #109RED-3552009-05-24 00:21

    more pictures!!

  110. #110Fixing-it2009-06-13 03:05

    Poclain 75 hydraulic pump Hi Paul I noticed from your thread that you have worked on Poclains in the past.I wondered if you could give me some advice.The pump on my old Leibherr excavator has packed up (can't get a replacement at a sensible price) and I have been told I could use a Poc 75 triple pump as a substitute? My question is on the triple pump was one of the outputs set at servo pressure and if so which one? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

  111. #111snowmobile2009-07-20 23:42

    poclain 120 First post....First I would like to say HI....my brother in law and I just walked into this OLD poclain 120 we think from the 60s... it has been sitting for a long time and we got it running last weekend and hope to make it a living beast that we can use around the yard.....as soon as I can figure out why I cant post pic I will post some....I will need some help for sure!!!! thanks

  112. #112Amazon-Poclain2009-07-28 08:48

    the beast in the meddle of the jungle

  113. #113AtlasRob2009-08-01 07:16

    Welcome aboard snowmobile, keep posting as once you have three you will be able to add pictures.

  114. #114gbdigger2009-08-01 14:53

    Great thread, back in the 80's we purchased an old 300 shovel, those pictures sure brought back memories. Thing was a good machine until the deutz blew up, stupid superintendent (former stupid mechanic) decided to replace it with a 4 cyl. Cat engine out of a gen set ointhead, didn't have enough RPM to properly turn the pump we kept turning up the pressures to get it to work right and this caused consent oil leaks, oh the old days.

  115. #115snowmobile2009-08-02 00:47

    Well we got the thing running pretty good....every thing works but the cab only spins one way...the popet and seat for that hyd valve are broken and need replaced....I hope we can find the parts or a retro kit. It is a marrel hydro valve. I think a pressure relif valve. Its late and I will post more in the am....thanks

  116. #116snowmobile2009-08-02 02:19

    The valve stack is a marrel hydro fd2605-s16 01436-10 # 254.270 we just need parts ...but not to sure if that is possible...ok third post now I can post pics!!!

  117. #117snowmobile2009-08-02 10:13

    Poclain 120 Well this is it....it is now out of the woods and somewhat power washed :drinkup :drinkup...the other pics were left at camp with my camera....there is also a 1958 john deere 440 dozer we got up and running...

  118. #118stock2009-08-02 20:36

    Is that a NAN or TE20 in the pictures? wheels suggest a NAN or 9N.

  119. #119snowmobile2009-08-02 22:12

    Ford 2N

  120. #120Amazon-Poclain2009-08-03 00:12

    need a little help my mc100 have a modern pump, is a pl pump for poclain, all the hydraulic lines are conect properly, but not the arm or the wheels have enougt force , the only problem i think know if is a diference betwen the original pump , "some one know thw brand of the original pump" my english is better than my poclain thanks guys

  121. #121Amazon-Poclain2009-08-03 00:19

    the parts book say, the hk88 b03 is the pump, :beatsme :Banghead

  122. #122Amazon-Poclain2009-08-03 00:43

    the pl pump on my mc100

  123. #123Amazon-Poclain2009-08-03 00:48

    trying to post a pic, i guees

  124. #124Amazon-Poclain2009-08-03 01:37

    mc100

  125. #125Komatsu Bucyrus2009-08-06 05:45

    Yutani-Poclain LY80 http://www55.tok2.com/home2/history/tp2/1.jpg http://www55.tok2.com/home2/history/tp2/2.jpg http://www55.tok2.com/home2/history/tp2.html yutani-Poclain TY45 http://www55.tok2.com/home2/history/album1-13.html

  126. #126Amazon-Poclain2009-08-10 18:19

    this happens when you replace pipes for hoses..........take a look:notworthy

  127. #127Amazon-Poclain2009-08-11 15:01

    mc100 mechanic hand book can you help me with the mc100 mechanic hand book or catalog parts , that will be great [email protected] i need to compare the original parts with the ones i have in my machine thanks

  128. #128dozerdave2009-08-11 21:04

    Hi Guys, I operated a Poclain like the one on rubber one time. The company was looking for tunnel muckers and a Poclain salesman talked the master mechanic into trying it. It had power to burn but other issues ruled it out as a tunnel mucker.

  129. #129poclain holland2009-08-30 05:41

    very nice GC120, do you have more pics out of the woods? Try to find poclain parts by CNH www.casece.com CNH still ownes poclain, you can allways try otherwise I can look in europe for parts.

  130. #130poclain holland2009-09-01 14:00

    poclain 's some pics. from poclain GC120 and LC80 late '60s in the Netherlands.

  131. #131poclian 602009-09-14 19:18

    restoring old poclain 60 pics here are a few pics of my poclain 60 during a restore project thet im currenty doing more to folow

  132. #132poclian 602009-09-14 19:20

    images

  133. #133heavylift2009-09-15 00:51

    I worked for a company that had one demo'ed for them, mid 70's. Poclain brought an operator from NY to demo it... load trucks. I swear the dirt was still in the air. by the time he got back to the truck, with the next bucket. Pretty amazing machine compared to the A model deere we had. Never did get to run the Poclain...

  134. #134Ron Light2009-09-15 11:03

    1990 Case 125-B (Poclain) 53,000 pounds, I bought it in 1995. It has been a good machine for me. Ron

  135. #135poclian 602009-09-18 18:14

    poclain 60 hydraulic leaks

  136. #136ICCOBRAS2009-09-25 21:25

    hi, i bougth a Poclain 220ckb, the motor DEutz is broken, I need the manual of the excavator, can help me please?

  137. #137Adolph August2009-10-08 20:10

    Gc120 If you are still looking for a hydraulic diagram for the gc 120, I do have a parts book and will email you pages that I consider revalent > I have a 120 that I play with. The big problem with it is leaks. Adolph August email- [email protected]

  138. #138kaveman2009-10-30 17:44

    Just bought a 125B identical to Ron's yesterday and hoping I have good luck with it.

  139. #139Casepoclain2009-11-05 20:20

    The first machine I learned how to run was a 977K... then the RC 200 on my grandfather's development company. I was 13. You had to be an octopus to run it. Ours was different from what I've seen, it had two foot controls for the stick and bucket. I'm now 31... the Poclain has been gone for 2 years now, it had to go once we built the new house to help pay for it. I really regret cutting it up. Saved all the motors and pumps, but then Rapid Hydraulics backed out, so they got scrapped, he does have the engine. It would dig rock like no other machine I've run since. It was so slow... could eat lunch between buckets, but wow it would pull anything apart. We had 2 RC 200's 3 GC 120's and a 100. We "modernized" with a Case 170B... it was junk, then Pap went out of business. I still have Dad's 888 with 6600 hours on it, needs the punps rebuilt, but works on the farm. It has been replaced with a Kobelco 160. The Polcain literally had 15,000 hours it in... 4th engine, atleast 3 set of pumps. I would love to buy one if one is available!!!

  140. #140snowmobile2009-11-05 21:40

    ""I would love to buy one if one is available!!! "" we have one in MI if it is the 120 you are talking about...she is ruff but the price is rite

  141. #141Komatsu 1502009-11-06 11:03

    Good grief, did I take that wrong? 4 engines in 15000 hours is terrible.

  142. #142Casepoclain2009-11-06 19:18

    Rc 200 4 engines in 15,000 hours... well may be it was 4 engines between the 2 RC 200's... I was pretty young back then. I know it was last rebuilt in 1995 by Stauffers in Harrisburg, then retired to farm duty in 1996. I know one was locked up by the genious operator (changed oil and forgot the drain plug, so that was his first and last day at work). My grandfather liked Deutz so well, we had 3 Deutz farm tractors, the one probably had nearly 10,000 on the factory engine. No real use for the 120, really looking for the RC 200. If you have some pictures of the 120 and price, let me know... I talk to lots of people around here.

  143. #143Dominion 4102009-11-06 22:04

    Rc-200 Casepoclain,your 200's were set-up with the same controls I used to operate.From the factory,they had a pedal attached to the bucket control lever.A second pedal was usually added to the stick control lever to make operating a little easier.I know where there is a RC-200 about 80 miles from here.The owner does'nt want to part with it yet,but would sure like to see it in the yard here someday.I have some pictures posted on here of one of the 200's my dad and uncles had. Dominion:canada

  144. #144Casepoclain2009-11-07 20:49

    I would like to find one too, I'm glad to hear there are still some around. If I had one it would probably be painted up nice and sit infront of the shop, and visit the steam show 2x a year. We live very near Brownsville, Pa with the National Steam and Gas Show. So those pedals weren't unique to ours? The one I learned on had the stick in the right foot and the bucket in the left if memory serves, but the one that was junked first only had a stick pedal, which was a pain to switch machines. They looked like someone took a torch and chopped the lever off and attached the pedal. Couldn't tell if that was homemade.

  145. #145Dominion 4102009-11-09 21:02

    levers I've seen them set-up like ours with the stick control on a pedal,and also with the swing on a pedal.Not to fussy about the foot swing,imo.The 200's were good machines and had good power for there size.They had three speed travel,back when most other's had single speed.There was a selector lever beside the operators seat that had three postions.If the selector was placed in the middle postion,the second hydraulic pump would help in the travel.The second pump helped when making a heavy lift,reducing the attachment speed but really boosting lift capacity. One thing I really notice compared to today's equipment is in the undercarriage.The track frames were short but higher in design as compared to say a Cat 330.But when digging in tough going such as rock trench,the 200's seemed quite solid on there feet.The 330's seem to not have this going for them. The Poclain HC-300 was by far the strongest backhoe that I have had dealings with in the fifty ton range. One of those would give a Cat 345 a go anyday in a straight lift.Not as fast digging wise,but put a 60" wide bucket on a 345 in hardpan,our 300 had a 60" bucket 2 7/8 cu.yd. and it would literally have sparks coming off the bucket teeth.It was plain tough,and with the wrong operator would pull itself apart.The 345's don't have enough weight built into them,at least in the fixed guage undercarriage. Dominion:canada

  146. #146poclain holland2009-12-22 14:07

    My first restored 1966, poclain TC45 in the Netherlands note the tracks for the dutch wet grounds the 3rd foto is a standard layout of poclain levers

  147. #147bigrus2009-12-22 18:14

    So many levers Like to see a modern day excavator operator be "productive" in there

  148. #148Dominion 4102009-12-23 14:40

    Tc45 That is a nice looking restoration:drinkup:drinkup. Having spent my share of time on a RC-200,am well versed with the lever set-up.The two levers directly in front of the operator are for travel,one for each track.The lever bank from left to right,1-bucket,2-red lever is for swing,3-stick or arm,4-boom.The picture with the operator in it shows him holding the two levers for boom and stick with one hand.Swing was left hand,and bucket was on a foot pedal or lever.Lot's of operators used them like that.Some places used to set-up a second pedal on the stick lever.We had them like that.A little getting used to, but those machines could do a decent day's work.Easier to repair and maintain than todays machines by far.May be not as fast or fancy,but they will get the job done.A steady pace and lack of wasted movements wins every time. As a modern day operator being productive,most would get onto them fairly easily.Might curse a little at first,but it's mind over machine. Dominion

  149. #149poclain holland2009-12-23 17:34

    thanks Dominion, its me operating my poclain. if your poclain become older you need longer fingers on your right hand to operate the levers. now I found an International 3964 excavator to restore, a new project. I hope to see your RC200 pics in the future.

  150. #150Dominion 4102009-12-23 19:32

    pics Hi,Poclain Holland Have some pictures of one of the 200's on this thread on page 8.My father and uncles had three RC-200's,an HC-300(with 12 cyl.Deutz engine)and a Poclain 220(V-10 Deutz engine).Got a lot of hard work out of those machines.They were always in tough digging,rock trench,hard pan,frozen ground in the winter month's.Back before we had bought the first hydraulic breaker in the region.An NPK H14X breaker was installed on one of the 200's in 1980.Equipment Domar from Montreal did the installation in our shop.It was quite the attachment to have working,and saved alot of unecessary labour and breakdowns. Dominion:canada

  151. #151palacemasonry2009-12-23 20:18

    does anyone know of a website to verify cat equipment year and manufature ?? thanks

  152. #152AtlasRob2009-12-24 11:29

    There are several I believe but this is one I saved after somebody else posted. http://www.ironrecord.com/

  153. #153palacemasonry2009-12-24 19:14

    THANKS ALOT THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR :usa:usa:notworthy:notworthy

  154. #154opeltwinturbo2010-01-15 16:51

    With the inventory you described your Grandfather must be Charlie Metz? If so, he was a customer of mine during the 70's and early 80's. Linda was buying the stuff then. Yard was off I70. Small world. You got the 120's from Beckwith Machinery in the early 70's(the Cat dealer). Didn't he also have a big ** 88 front end loader?

  155. #155Casepoclain2010-01-16 11:12

    You are correct! Those 120's came new? I know Beckwith was a Poclain dealer before Cat started making their own machines. Pap passed away in 2002 and Linda managed to not probate the will and she ended up with everything, cut most of it up to feed her coke habit. My Dad was Randy, he did a lot of the sewer and water lines and some of the strip mining. I didn't come until the last 70's, so I don't remember any of the wheel loaders, but I know they had a Hough 400, but anything is possible. Do you remember the Deutz tractors? I have one of them.

  156. #156casborn2010-04-03 21:37

    I own a Poclain HC300 with a Deutz engine. I use it in a quarry and it work fine and strong. Let me know what you have (you could send me pictures and price by email). Let me know were I could get a good service manuel for my Poclain. Thanks in advance.

  157. #157lecoousi2010-04-21 11:49

    Hi folks i own a Poclain p60 tracked excavator and i need help getting a few parts eg i need a hydraulic slewing/swing motor or spares for one would you guys be able to help. This must be a common fault in these machines as my slewing motor is actually one of a P90 that has been modified to fit so getting one the same from a P90 would probably be the easiest option.D4C24A or Nick would you have any part numbers or manuals for this P90 motor and a contact number for the Sedgemoor Plant yard or similar breakers so that i can get my baby up and running again? Any help will be much appreciated. By the way im in Northern Ireland so if you know of any breakers over here it would be great. Thanks Lecousi

  158. #158lecoousi2010-04-21 12:33

    By the way my email is: [email protected] Any manuals for the P60 and P90 hydraulic motor including part numbers would be great. Please help anyone???? Lecousi

  159. #159Fixing-it2010-04-22 09:45

    Hi Paul I noticed from your thread that you have worked on Poclains in the past.I wondered if you could give me some advice.The pump on my old Leibherr excavator has packed up (can't get a replacement at a sensible price) and I have been told I could use a Poc 75 triple pump as a substitute? My question is on the triple pump was one of the outputs set at servo pressure and if so which one? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

  160. #160irish-redneck2010-05-04 22:38

    Hello everyone. I have been given a poclain gck120 which apparently ran around 5 years ago when it was driven off the trailer. It has adeutz engine. What batteries does this take? Any suggestions on how to go about trying to start her up? Thanks very much for any info.

  161. #161stock2010-05-05 04:24

    Feckin luck of de Orish, .......2x 637 12v I think is what they were fitted with over here ..............

  162. #162irish-redneck2010-05-05 08:14

    I am however now in New York , so would the batteries be the same in an orange poclain this side of the pond?

  163. #163Amazon-Poclain2010-05-05 08:57

    can someone help me with a hidraulic diagram for a john deere 790 elc, is made in japan, the pump is kiend a screw pump, some one told me that machine is hitachi......my machine runs 30 minutes, then the power goes down, i check all the cooling system, everything is fine......i also have a mc100 poclain thanks for the help

  164. #164stock2010-05-07 03:45

    Have a read here for some local knowledge....

  165. #165BritFitter2010-05-10 02:24

    It's a shame that alot of these machines are just rotting away. My friend brought a 125 excavator to restore but the barn he was storing it in caught alight and was damaged beyond repair....shame Hugh

  166. #166CBW19992010-05-13 10:04

    I am looking for the manuals for the model 60 (1974 year)- Also input on having to bleed the entire hydraulic system. The current owner says this needs to be done to get the right track to work.......? Does this sound right? Asking price is $6500.00 usd. Is this a good price?

  167. #167alexrigg2010-05-16 03:07

    got a good one

  168. #168Phil2010-05-28 05:45

    This unit is not far from me. Been sitting a long time and had a drive problem when parked. Phil

  169. #169stock2010-05-28 15:58

    Darn she is a straight one don't see them that fresh around now............

  170. #170djskipp2010-09-29 15:13

    You may be the perfect person to ask this question! My friend has a Case/Poclain excavator. He says he knows it is a 1978 Case but no more than that. It has no markings on it. It looks exactly like a Case 220B, with the four access hatches on the top (plus the rear one), but it has a Deutz six cylinder with a turbocharger (seized!) instead of the V-10 Deutz that I see on all of the 220s that I have looked up on the internet. Is this the original configuration of the 220, before the V-10? Or is this something else? Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

  171. #171djskipp2010-09-29 15:16

    I was replying to DiggerDan, by the way, since he was a factory Poclain rep when this thing was built, but if anybody else can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know of a good source for a new/rebuilt turbo? Thanks all!

  172. #172Dominion 4102010-10-05 20:26

    Poclain We had a 220, and it had the V-10 Deutz engine. Could your machine be a 170? Dominion:canada

  173. #173djskipp2010-10-06 10:57

    Maybe 170? I wondered about that but all of the pictures that I have seen on the internet of 170s show two access hatches on top instead of four like the 220 has. Maybe an older version of the 170?

  174. #174danielboling2010-10-06 15:22

    Nice pics, I have some of a poclain 160 that I have for sale, its an awsome machine.

  175. #175danielboling2010-10-06 15:27

    How much did he give for the 160? I have one for sale, runs great undercarriage is 75%, great machine. Im not sure on a price but was wondering if 10k was a good price.

  176. #176danielboling2010-10-06 15:29

    NIce machine I have one like it for sale. runs great.

  177. #177shizzel2011-03-19 12:21

    Poclain Does anyone have the address for this supplier please? as I am after some parts for a Poclain to rebuild and it looks like he has them.

  178. #178shizzel2011-03-19 12:30

    Do you have the address for this guy please? can you message me it as I am after some parts for a poclain and he looks as though he has them. Thank you shizzel

  179. #179fashraf2011-07-27 05:27

    Hi, Im lookin for a parts manual for a poclain TY45 wheeled excavator that im trying to restore, any thoughts on where i can find one?

  180. #180poclain holland2011-07-27 09:13

    Sometimes they sell books on Ebay.com, and search for poclain also a nice site is www.poclain.be , you can asq for books and techn. info.

  181. #181renaud2011-08-14 23:06

    Interresting topic!! It seems like not that long ago, in Québec, those "red and grey machines" could be seen everywhere.....Bach in the 70's and early 80's, Poclain was the most common brandname after Cat.On the top of my minds, i can remember at least 4 or 5 contractors in Québec City that had some.Eventually, they just dissapeared.....how sad!! Max.

  182. #182Dominion 4102011-08-15 23:20

    Very true, I used to get parts for our Poclains from a fellow just north of Montreal. He was also an ex-Poclain serviceman , and really knew those machines. Would come to our yard in the spring and go over the Poclain machines we had. Hydraulic tune-ups,leaks ect...A few days of maintenance on those machines really paid off over the rest of the year. Dominion

  183. #183egh2011-08-17 13:36

    Hello People, I just joined, have an old TCS from about 1966-67. not sure which yr. 13T model. cant put up any pictures but? think i have to make a few posts first... correct? thanks EGH

  184. #184rockfall2011-08-17 15:17

    lolzzzz. looks so funny. I also own a Poclain 90. Great machines plus has awesome Duetz engine on it

  185. #185wsw2011-10-26 22:26

    What kind of control system did this machine have is it 2 joysticks like modern excavators and are they cat or deere control pattern or are they 4 seperat levers

  186. #186Eucr752011-11-30 12:53

    Anyone know if any Poclain 1000's are still around or operating in the United States?

  187. #187Casepoclain2011-11-30 22:35

    Poclains 1000 I don't know of any 1000's working, but if anyone knows, Bernie at Rapid Machinery in Fredericksburg, VA would... he is a Poclain/Case parts dealer.

  188. #188Eucr752011-12-01 13:05

    Thanks

  189. #189Uzion2012-02-07 12:21

    My father is 75 and looking to get rid of his 1977 poclain - it is still in working order although it does look rough. I don't know much else about it but could get further details. Do you know who would be interested in it? Any help would be great

  190. #190robin yates uk2012-02-09 09:17

    I was on a muck shifting job in the west midlands driving a D6 dozer and 2 rollers. There was a big Poclain on there loading Volvo dump trucks. The Poclain operator fell and broke his leg. They asked if anyone could drive an excavator, I said yes but when I saw the levers in the Poclain cab I nearly fainted!Anyway I finished the shift and next day another Poclain operator showed up, thank god.Very powerful and well balanced but all those levers ???

  191. #191D&GExcavating2012-02-10 14:00

    Here's our first excavator when we started in 1979, a Poclain LY80

  192. #192eamond2012-08-14 04:55

    Hi EGH, I've just joined myself. I'm looking for information on old Poclains on behalf of a friend who's got an old FC30. This machine was supplied by S McCormack's Inchicore in 1971. Basically, I'm looking for manuals, parts books, parts, expertise etc. preferably based in Ireland initially. I'd be happy to share information with you (or any other forum members) if you want to get in touch with me. Btw, I'm based in Galway. Best regards, Eamon.

  193. #193eamond2012-08-14 04:58

    Hi poclain holland, Thank you for the information but this site seems to be down. Do you know if this is a temporary problem or if there is a new url? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Eamon.

  194. #194eamond2012-08-14 05:24

    Hi All, I've just found this forum and joined up. Great to be here! I'm based in Galway, Ireland. I have a few old machines lying around including a JCB 3CII. As mentioned in another post, I'm currently looking for information on behalf of a friend who's got a 1971 Poclain FC30. His biggest problem relates to 'modifications' by former owners. For example, someone has added an oil cooler but seems to have made a mess of the 'plumbing' in the process. Now my friend is just trying to get the machine back to it's original configuration. In order to do this, he needs advice, docomentation or - preferably - some detailed photographs from an unmodified FC30 (or FY30). He already has some pages from Parts Manuals, but these don't seem to provide all the information necessary to restore the machine to its original state. I've downloaded some PDFs from earlier posts - thanks neilcop - and these certainly provide some help. However, as he's not an expert in hydraulics, he may need further assistance with this one. We would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Eamon.

  195. #195poclain holland2012-08-14 11:21

    Hallo Eamond, I have seen this site is off internet, or have a temporary problem, www.poclain.be is from a Belgium friend i will asq him what the problem is, this site do have many photo's and others In france is also a poclain club called; "Generation Deux" is in Le Plessis Belleville France ,the town where the headquarters of poclain were try to google Generation Deux and you will find poclain, try to contact them they have all factory info about poclain. in holland are still a few FY30 poclain's , the best is to take photo's in the Netherlands. on this moment I can help you to mail the Hydraulic diagram of the FC30. (only need your mail adress) many thanks; poclain Holland

  196. #196poclain holland2012-08-14 11:26

    In France is running Poclain 1000 ck , on this moment in restoration, this man owns a lot of poclains also poclain 610 look at youtube , poclain 1000. and you find a small film poclain holland.

  197. #197URANUSCARGO2012-09-02 17:00

    Poclain mc100 venezuela dear sirs: Greetings from venezuela: I own a mc 100 and 90cl. Looking for hydrulic diagrams, engine manuals, parts manuals. All info to reconstruct this magnificent excavator, can you help me?

  198. #198cofegrp2012-09-03 07:27

    DEAR PAUL: GREETINGS FROM VENEZUELA! I RECENTLY PURCHASED A POCLAIN MC-100 AND 90CL EXCAVATORS. I AM INTERESTED IN THE PART NUMBER AND ENGINE OVERHAUL MANUALS YOU CAN PROVIDE ME. I HAVE READ, YOU HAVE THE HYDRAULIC SCHEMATICS, LIKE TO HAVE THEM TOO. HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON, SINCERELY; XAVIER FERRER [email protected] / [email protected]

  199. #199poclain holland2012-09-03 11:16

    Dear sir; I have MC 100 and 90cl hydraulic diagrams for you , to what e-mail can I sent them? manuals are sometimes sold on www.ebay.com . search for poclain. CNH CASE is still owner of poclain, you can also asq there for info and parts.

  200. #200bmw5202012-10-23 18:00

    Hello, I'm a guy from Norway, who are looking for wiring diagrams for the electrical system on my wheel excavator Poclain 61p 86 model. I can not find this on the internet anywhere. In Norway there are not many of these machines, and are then difficult to find different wiring diagram for this machine. Anybody can help me?

  201. #201bmw5202012-10-23 18:02

    Poclain 61P Hello, wondering if you could help me with the manual poclain 61P? Is hard to find in Norway: (

  202. #202eamond2013-06-10 17:49

    Hi again, My friend is looking for O-rings (oil seals) for the controls (Valve-chest) in his FC30. Can someone please point me in the right direction - preferably in Europe, but these items are small and light so postage shoulddn't be a problem from anywhere on the planet! Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Eamon.

  203. #203poclain holland2013-06-11 12:11

    Hello Eamond, first try CNH Case, they are still owner of Poclain, and have maybe info and parts for you. Otherwise these O-rings are in mm. not inch, visit a hydraulic shop. The last thing we do is buy in Europe. good luck.

  204. #204eamond2013-06-12 03:49

    Many thanks for your help, Poclain Holland. I have also got a Telephone No. for CNH, France and I have contacted them. So I'm hoping that this will solve (some of) my problems! Best regards, Eamon

  205. #205MaxP902013-08-04 07:55

    Hi Paul, our Poclain 90 is old but sturdy. We have recently redone all the oil seals in the digger arms. Now we have an electrical fault. We have taken parts off to try to fix. It would be great to have a manual for the machine. Can you help us please? Thanks MaxP90 Australia

  206. #206kshansen2013-08-04 09:27

    Poclain, almost forgot about them. We never owned one here but did rent one on tracks with a grapple for loading big rocks for a couple months years ago. It was a tired and abused machine when we rented it from a local heavy equipment/junk dealer. One little story about it: This dealer was famous for his "spray gun overhauls" if you know what I mean! Well he delivered the machine to us and said it was ready to work. Our operator climbed in and walked it down to the pit in the quarry to start sorting rocks. This was back in the day when the way you were taught to run a machine was to be told climb in and see what the levers do! Well a few hours later I get told to go down and see the operator as it seems to have an oil leak. When I get there he starts it up and sure enough oil is coming out of the engine breather pipe. Open hood and see it has a six cylinder Deutz diesel in there, first time I saw one. I notice that there is an alternator with no belt on the pulley and then see there is another pulley connected to this big fan inside the sheet metal covering of the engine. A little closer look and I notice that both pulleys have a nice fresh coat of red paint in the grooves! Not sure if the guy who painted this unit took the belt off to keep paint off it or just didn't notice there was none there at all. Boss said see if there is any fix to the engine. Well I dropped the pan and proceeded to remove the heads and cylinders, kind of like working on six air cooled motorcycle engines at the same time. As it turned out to no ones surprise there were some scuffed up pistons with the rings froze in the grooves. As I recall we only had to replace two pistons and do a quick hone of the cylinders and reassemble with new rings. OH! YES a new fan belt. Would hate to think what it would have taken to fix a an 855 Cummins if run that long and hard with basically no coolant. The only other problem we had with this unit while it was here was finding hydraulic fittings for hoses when replacing them.

  207. #207MaxP902013-08-04 16:03

    Hi, Do you still have old Poclain manuals? We had one for our p90 , but it seems someone has taken off with it! Thanks MaxP90 Australia

  208. #208MaxP902013-08-04 16:11

    That looks a lot like our P90 only probably a little brother. Maybe the manual would be similar? We are seeking manuals to fix ours, great ol'machine! MaxP90 Australia

  209. #209Brad832013-08-06 02:29

    Hi Paul, really keen to get my hands on a Poclain 90 workshop manual?

  210. #210MaxP902013-08-06 22:50

    Poclain 90 Pics Here are some pics of our Poclain (OJI nick name) hard at work We are still trying to get proper identification of its model number, apparently it is not a P90 lol.

  211. #211MaxP902013-08-06 23:09

    Big stump finally out! Here's a couple more images you might enjoy, to show the machine in action. it took several hours to dig this big guy out. The deeper roots were in rocky soil and was holding on tight! We had to scrape the dirt off all way around before OJI could move the stump, it was so big and heavy!

  212. #212Steve Frazier2013-08-07 00:27

    Looks like cedar? One of the biggest I've seen!

  213. #213MaxP902013-08-07 03:49

    We think it was a yellow Tallowood. It was a very tall tree, beautiful wood, unfortunately it had to go. Was leaning a bit toward road, fell straight across. Looks like the Hydraulic Oil Cooler is leaking too bad to fix, trying to see if we can get it aluminium welded or a replacement of some sort. The alternator at the auto electrician's, hopefully it can be fixed. Case trying to help us identify what model we have. Poclain 90CLB? She's a great ol' gal with much work to do yet

  214. #214Rodjenc2013-09-08 22:32

    Hi Im looking for a workshop manual for a poclain 75pb 1984 rubber tyre excavator thanks. can any one help. thanks rod

  215. #215glenlunberg2013-09-25 21:33

    Good pictures of excavator on this thread. And the last post of images are great. It looks like the machine and the operator are doing good.

  216. #216MaxP902013-09-27 10:17

    Yes, she loves to work! The oil cooler was aluminium welded and placed back in, the alternator rebuilt and placed back in. The roadwork was almost complete, when the hydraulic plug started weeping quite badly and a lower boom hose failed. We are having the hose remade, and the plug was off the shelf. We were having a problem with the tracks intermittently not running- it came down to a loose earthwire in the electrical box! She is a 1984, 90CKB, 22,000 tonne We are still looking for maintainence and part manuals to help us keep her going. Can anyone help?

  217. #217RailwaySteve2013-09-30 10:27

    I have just purchased a Poclain 61p railroader to use on a heritage railway unfortunately the brakes have locked on which I think may be due to a hydraulic interlock problem any ideas. I also need a copy of the operators and workshop manual as it needs some work done on it including a new fuse circuitboard. Can You help?

  218. #218J-man3452013-10-03 18:50

    Does anyone know what the weight of a gy 120 wheeled excavator is ? Is it close to the gc 120 tracked machine (56000lbs) thanks Jeff

  219. #219sheepfoot2013-10-03 21:18

    Jeff, My old hand book is showing the gc at 49,000 to 52,000, and the gy at 46,200 lbs. This is per the mechanic's hand book.

  220. #220J-man3452013-10-03 23:05

    Much appreciated couldn't find any info any where on this thing

  221. #221Casepoclain2013-11-16 23:10
  222. #222skibai2013-12-05 04:03

    Excavator mounted on a hydraulic pump poclain TGVD 115 I don `t know the brand and can` t find Excavator gidroskhemu I will be grateful for any information

  223. #223skibai2013-12-05 04:07

    Excavator mounted on a hydraulic pump poclain TGVD 115 I don `t know the brand and can` t find Excavator gidroskhemu I will be grateful for any information

  224. #224skibai2013-12-06 07:47

    Paul help determine model êkskovatora on the photo. We in Ukraine very hard documentation especially on the old machinery. I though bi gidroshemu Nov don't know model. worth 2potočnìj pump poclain TGVD 115 photo prlagaû Thank you in advance [email protected]

  225. #225poclain holland2013-12-08 07:01

    This machine is an Poclain LC80.

  226. #226skibai2013-12-09 11:24

    Thank you for your help in identifying stamps. will be very grateful If you find the gidroshemu and instructions for hydraulics

  227. #227poclain holland2013-12-09 14:10

    Hydraulics from Poclain LC80.

  228. #228poclain holland2013-12-09 14:19

    Tekst about pressure settings Poclain LC80 in German.

  229. #229poclain holland2013-12-09 14:36

    Poclain LC80

  230. #230poclain holland2013-12-09 14:41

    Poclain LC80 Succes, let me know when you are digging with it.

  231. #231poclain holland2013-12-09 14:50

    Pressures are in Bar (kg/cm) not PSI and in metric not Inch. about Poclain LC80.

  232. #232poclain holland2013-12-15 04:45

    Look at www.fondation-poclain.com :idea for the full history , scale models , books , CD, DVD, etc. of Poclain the website is French but google translation will help.

  233. #233adnan2014-10-09 07:53

    please you have parts and srevis manual for the hydraulic pump for the this excavator ,if you have please if you can answer regards

  234. #234Blk prince2014-10-09 10:08

    If anyone has an interest, I have posted a few pictures on the Crown Zellerbach site picture #170. This is a Poclain 300 log loader on lowbed. Was a good machine but heavy lifting took a toll on pumps. This was back in 1970 to 1975

  235. #235tito812014-10-18 06:39

    Hello Nick Drew, I'd like to have the email of Peter Happel thanks Tito

  236. #236TUCKERS2014-11-25 16:45

    we have a Poclain 125B excavator, I can get some pics but we are desperately chasing a Workshop Manual for it, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome, I have downloaded one in french but the hubby and I cant read french. We have just competed an overhall on it as it wasnt slewing, we had to get a whole new slew plate machined, quite a few dollars later and we are finally getting to the stage where we might be able to get it started. fingers crossed anyway

  237. #237surfer-joe2014-11-25 19:15

    It's a long shot, but Dewind used to be the #1 Poclain dealer in the USA. (1960's/1970's) It's remotely possible that they may still have some Poclain manuals stacked up in their parts or service office. I don't know if it's possible, but if you did a download on that manual that's in French, you might be able to use a translation program on it. Just a thought... Also, Poclain used to have a parts and assembly warehouse in New Jersey, Piscataway I believe. I haven't had any contact with Dewind since late 1974 when I left their employ. == Adams-Dewind Machinery Co.== tel: (954) 772-8920 4310 NW 10th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33309

  238. #238IUOE Man2015-01-31 11:57

    My uncle has a RC 200.

  239. #239chiporego2015-06-07 14:31

    I own a Poclain HC 300L and I need parts to get it back in working order. I'm looking for hydraulic swivel fittings @ boom base part #H00504-46 & R01377-63 also hoses W0031990 the year is approx. 1977. I'm not having much luck. Any advice on where to loo

  240. #240palousean2015-06-24 13:53

    digger dan Hi Dan......I bought a Poclain lc80 that has a 6 cylinder Air cooled engine.....it runs well....but once the hydraulics gets warm every thing slows down or stops working well.....it you jerk the levers hard things respond...but has low power.......only the rotation works fairy normal.....I am thinking the pressure relief might be bad or set too low?.......any advice would be appreciated.....thanks John........

  241. #241palousean2015-06-24 23:06

    Hello?.....anyone have any advice for me?

  242. #242tryskriel2015-09-24 19:29

    Samething with my 1974 LC80 It slow down until it almost cannot move by itself. The problem is just with the traction, the others controls are fine.

  243. #243tryskriel2015-09-24 20:12

    Anybody knows where to find parts ? I have both the parts manual and the operator/service manual for the Poclain LC80 excavator if somebody need it.

  244. #244Fabe562015-10-08 16:40

    Need help to confirm manufacturer and model please Hi, Few years ago I took this picture and I rediscover it yesterday in my archive, and since I have a question: what manufacturer and model? After few search I think it's a Poclain RC 200 but I'm not absolutely sure, anyone could confirm? ​

  245. #245lantraxco2015-10-08 17:41

    I would say definitely Poclain from the travel motors and general appearance, dunno about model....

  246. #246Fabe562015-10-08 18:08

    About the model I guess RC 200 but I not really sure and I didn't find lot of picture for RC Model (thanks radio-controlled lol).

  247. #247molloy22015-10-15 17:25

    I got a case poclain 61, 14800kg, on tracks but one side is not moving, you can hear the drive motor making some noise but nothing happening, anyone able to help

  248. #248lantraxco2015-10-15 18:50

    Tear it apart, look for broken gears? Will the track freewheel if you move the machine with the other track and the boom?

  249. #249Cat_man3202015-11-06 19:58

    A lot of them came to Newfoundland and I know for several that still run and several that are parts . I really can't say they were good machines but maybe they were for that era . Very noisy as most had a Deutz and belt driven hydraulic pump and most had very short reach . Maybe in certain types of soils they were ok but they really didn't do well here in Newfoundland . Similar to the British Leyland Land Rover, it might have been ok for the Sahara or other dry climates but here , they were a mess . With that Lucas electrical system , if there was rain in the forecast it would start . lol

  250. #250Adolfcase2015-12-06 20:23

    Hi Nick, was wondering about if you many know if the Poclain and the Case 980 used the same final drive parts.

  251. #251lantraxco2015-12-06 22:04

    Lucas, the dark prince, inventor of the short circuit? Why DO the Brits drink warm beer? Lucas refrigeration. :tong

  252. #252DDoug2015-12-07 09:32

    I thought they were French made ? Little white flag pops up to every so often ?

  253. #253d4c24a2015-12-07 15:21

    Guinness extra cold all the time , unlike that fizzy urine coloured stuff you yanks call beer

  254. #254lantraxco2015-12-07 15:55

    LOL, Frosty yes, but I don't drink maiden water, and I don't drink motor oil either! :drinkup

  255. #255tctractors2015-12-07 16:18

    I have to laugh about the crap that is called Fosters and that Bud ****, in the U.K. we only give that stuff to young lads and idiots, we drink proper Ale here that has some taste a long way from that yellow water with a daft name, every time I go to Germany I drink their Dark Beer (Shtag Beera) its good stuff but after about 3 pints the Germans pass out or go to sleep, after about 6 pints I go and get something to eat. we like a pint after a days work tctractors

  256. #256surpoclc802016-02-25 12:38

    I have an identical machine with swing and travel problem. It have no power to swing the boom. The travel motor fail to move when travel on one track only. Please advise where to look at.

  257. #257surpoclc802016-02-25 12:48

    I have also an old poclain lc80 with swinging and travelling problem. We have no dealers representative on site. Can I contact someone who can help.

  258. #258RonG2016-02-25 14:14

    I spent three years in Germany.I used to drink Becks back here in the states when I drank beer (beer used to make me mad) but when I drank at all I liked Dewars scotch but after a half gallon a day for a few years and a couple DWIs I got wind of what Bill Wilson had to say and that was 29 years ago that I quit for the last time.Ron G

  259. #259lantraxco2016-02-25 15:05

    Well done sir, that's something to be damn proud of. In my late twenties and most of my thirties I drank to drown my sorrows/troubles. One day I realized the damn things were doing the backstroke while I dealt with the hangover. Along about forty I started riding big motorcycles on the road again, and drinking and riding is beyond stupid. Now I carry concealed most always, so between the two I just don't drink but maybe one beer in the company of family or close friends, no bikes and no guns.

  260. #260RonG2016-02-26 04:16

    You are the one that deserves the accolades,as they say in the program,the right number is none.I am afraid if I had one it would be all over so I am afraid to try it.I did not do this by myself and I give thanks every night but life is pretty good for me sober so I'll just watch the others who are not ready yet.Thanks for your comments.Ron G

  261. #261Poclainyt452016-07-03 19:30

    I am looking for an hydraulic pump for an yt45 or repair kit. Thx

  262. #262Poclainyt452016-07-03 19:37

    I have some pictures for you. I have this machine in Suriname and i am still working with it. I am looking for an hydraulic pump or an repair kit to buy. Yt45 with an deutz engine 4 cilinder. Thx

  263. #263Poclainyt452016-07-03 19:44

    Sit i am looking for an hydraulic pump yt45 or repair kit. Please help

  264. #264Poclainyt452016-07-03 19:49

    Beste mensen ik ben op zoek naar een hydraulische pomp van een yt45 uit heel lang geleden. Of een revisie set. Alvast bedankt . Perry. [email protected]

  265. #265Poclainyt452016-07-03 20:01

    I am also looking for hydraulic pump or repair kit for an yt45 wheeled excavator . I have pictures . [email protected]

  266. #266Poclainyt452016-07-03 20:10

    Beste meneer, mischien kan jij mij helpen aan een hydraulische pomp van een yt45 banden kraan. [email protected]

  267. #267Yupe2be2018-05-13 10:20

    This is a long shot, but if you still have the manuals on the LC80 I am interested in getting them from you.

  268. #268stock2018-05-23 04:44

    Nice Manx Dog...............

  269. #269poclain holland2018-12-22 17:10

    J& Th v/d Veldt in Wouw Netherlands do have lot of Poclain parts www.j&thvdveldt.nl excavator parts

  270. #270poclain holland2018-12-22 17:12

    I am always interested in poclain LC80 manuals

  271. #271poclain holland2018-12-22 17:14

    J&Th v/d Veldt in Wouw Nederland heeft veel poclain TY en andere onderdelen

  272. #272poclain holland2018-12-22 17:19
  273. #273techdive2019-06-25 12:08

    Poclian 160 ..Found her out in field and cleaned her up a bit..2900 original hours!

  274. #274mikebramel2019-06-25 16:29

    Looks real good

  275. #275hiluxman2019-07-31 20:02

    Dose anyone have electronic copies of Poclian manuals they can send

  276. #276TVA2019-07-31 22:31

    Just curious: how similar these Poclanes to Case 88 series?!

  277. #277RZucker2019-08-01 19:16

    Pretty sure they are the same machines. Had a customer with a "Case/Poclain" years back, it was actually a 160 Poclain but had a 180 undercarriage. Quite the powerful digger, but the operators would seize the Duetz because they wouldn't allow enough warm up time before throwing a load on it. They ended up replacing it with a 9050 when those came out.

  278. #278TVA2019-08-01 20:04

    Basically they went from Poclain to Sumitomo!

  279. #279TVA2019-08-01 20:07

    While we are talking about 88 series, can anyone enlighten me what was rebranded as Case 88 series on AG side?

  280. #280Yupe2be2022-03-30 09:24

    Dan, are you still around on this old thread?

  281. #281poclain holland2023-08-11 08:59

    I am searching for old poclain LC80 manuals and partbooks? Who do have them for sale?

  282. #282highspeedchase2024-07-07 18:03

    Taking a shot in the dark, But Diggerdan if you are still following this thread, I would like to talk to you.

  283. #283jlcdigs2025-02-18 20:50

    Looking for dipper and bucket for HC 300 mass Excavator shovel or boom stick and bucket complete,