RG's early versions of the now ubiquitous Rock Trucks called a TournaRocker
Hello Tournadude, In the early 1950's the Nylint Toy Co. made a Tournarocker toy in 1/16 scale that dumped just like the real ones. Neat Pictures! dpull
I know a guy who says that toy was his fav toy till his mom threw it away cause it was so beat up.
looks like a toy to me!
no cab..wow...what a cool old beast! arnt they all big tonka's?
A LeTourneau Tournarocker beside the archaic haul truck it was replacing. The photo is labelled circa 1950 and is from one of St. Joe Lead's underground mines in Missouri's Old Lead Belt
That's pretty neat, never saw one before. Looks like the forerunner to the arctic truck.
I had one of those too! For the OP, Thanks for sharing! Rick
Yair . . . tournadude or any one . . . what is the tipping mechanism on that beast. In picture three there is perhaps some cable but it is unclear to me how it functions. I have seen a small front dumper setup with similar geometry where the axle was locked, the bowl unlatched and you just continued driving forward. Cheers.
Love the pics! Are there any films of this machine? I'm assuming you are the same Tournadude from Youtube...
I was studying the same thing. I am speculating that the cable you see is positioned properly so that it lifts high enough to have gravity complete the dump as the weight transfers back. It looks like the bed sheaves assembly may pivot on their mount so the same winch pulls it back down until gravity again takes over to lower it the rest of the way. The cable would have to pull to start the dump and then released when gravity takes over to complete raising the bed. Someone will know.
Yair . . . old-iron-habit . That sounds a logical explanation and as you say, on this Forum someone will know. Cheers.